A.J. Foyt IV: No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Chevrolet/Firestone * A.J. Foyt IV on Chicagoland: "I expect to run good here because we ran good last year for most of the day. I'm hoping for a top five and I believe we'll at least be able to come...
A.J. Foyt IV: No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Chevrolet/Firestone
* A.J. Foyt IV on Chicagoland: "I expect to run good here because we ran good last year for most of the day. I'm hoping for a top five and I believe we'll at least be able to come home with a top 10. The biggest thing is to be patient for three-quarters of the race so you're in position for a good finish in the last 50 laps."
* Old Friends: Donnie Beechler, who finished fifth in the IRL IndyCar race at Chicagoland Speedway when he drove for Foyt Racing in 2001, returns this weekend to visit the team and renew acquaintances in the IRL IndyCar Series. Beechler, who has several successful businesses in his hometown of Springfield, Illinois, has backed off his driving career in recent years.
* Past Performance at Chicagoland: In 2004, Foyt IV posted his career best qualifying run of sixth. He was headed for a top-10 finish but the right rear halfshaft broke. His car shot to the wall, collecting rookie Mark Taylor. Neither driver was injured. In 2003, Foyt IV struggled with handling problems in the early part of the race, but adjustments on the pitstop allowed him to run competitive lap times. Towards the end of the race, a problem with the sway bars developed and he fell back to 17th place. A.J. IV won the Infiniti Pro Series race at Chicagoland Speedway in 2002.
* Illinois Ties: Dan Brown, former crewman for Foyt Racing, returns this weekend to help out. Brown returned to his hometown of Tinley Park, Ill. last winter to help out his family when his father became ill. He also worked with the team at Milwaukee and Indy. "I miss the racing and I really enjoy coming out to work with the guys when I can," said Brown.
* At Infineon Speedway two weeks ago, Jeff Bucknum subbed for A.J. Foyt IV in a one-off drive. Bucknum qualified 17th and finished 10th in just his third IndyCar start and first ever IndyCar start on a road course. It was the ABC Supply/Foyt Racing team's third top-10 finish of the season.
* The PEAK Antifreeze Indy 300 will be televised live Sunday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. Eastern time on ABC-TV.