Vegas Grand Prix festival highlights Concerts, Exhibitions, Free Street Party LAS VEGAS -- March 26, 2007 -- The inaugural Vegas Grand Prix is hosting three days of high-speed action on the track along with a gala, a free street party with...
Vegas Grand Prix festival highlights Concerts, Exhibitions, Free Street Party
LAS VEGAS -- March 26, 2007 -- The inaugural Vegas Grand Prix is hosting three days of high-speed action on the track along with a gala, a free street party with several concerts and various other activities.
Weekend activities begin on Thursday, April 5. For full details on the events, the racing schedule, or to purchase tickets, please visit www.vegasgrandprix.com. Highlights of the week's activities include:
Thursday, April 5
* An Unforgettable Evening...The Vegas Grand Prix Charity Gala sponsored by Bombay Sapphire to benefit Keep Memory Alive -- the Foundation for the Lou Ruvo Brain Institute, 6 p.m. at Bellagio, 3600 Las Vegas Blvd. South
* Red carpet arrivals -- 6-7 p.m. and cocktail reception; live auction hosted by Barrett-Jackson, 8:15-9 p.m.; Jay Leno stand-up comedy, 9-9:45 p.m.; Jon Bon Jovi and friends featuring Big & Rich with Cowboy Troy, 9:45 p.m.-Midnight.
Friday, April 6
* After School All-Stars and Lois Tarkanian Youth Group Track Visit, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Grandstand 11 and Pit/Paddock area,
* The Poker Event at the Vegas Grand Prix poured by Dewars12, beginning at noon at Binion's Poker Room and Benny's Bullpen inside Binion's Gambling Hall; to run through Sunday.
* Champ Car Driver Autograph Session, 5:15-6 p.m., Fremont Street Experience.
* Free Friday Night Street Party, 6-11 p.m. on Fremont Street Experience featuring concerts by the Teddybears, Army of Anyone, Chris Cornell and Big & Rich with Cowboy Troy and action sports demonstrations by Riders of the Thunderdome and freestyle motocross.
Saturday, April 7
* Celebrity tournament -- The Poker Event at the Vegas Grand Prix poured by Dewars12, 7 p.m. inside Benny's Bullpen at Binion's Gambling Hall.
Sunday, April 8
* Easter Sunday Catholic Mass, 6-7 a.m. at Golden Nugget, Augusta/Pebble Beach Room, Convention Level, South Tower.
* Easter Sunday non-denominational mass, 6-7 a.m. at Binion's Gambling Hall, Rooftop Pool.
* Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by Cox Communications, 7-8:30 a.m. on Fremont Street Experience.
* Easter Sunday Brunch, 7 a.m. at Binion's Gambling Hall, Binion's Ranch Steakhouse. For reservations call (702) 382-1600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Historic Grand Prix race, 10:15-11:15 a.m.
* Champ Car World Series race, 1-3 p.m., televised live on NBC
* Champ Car Atlantic Series race, 4-5 p.m.
Ongoing activities inside the race circuit - Friday through Sunday:
* Champ Car World Series practice, qualifying and season opening race
* Champ Car Atlantic practice, qualifying and season opening race
* Historic Grand Prix practice, qualifying and season opening race
* Checker Auto Parts Latin Village, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Neonopolis
* Featuring your favorite Latin entertainment, foods and a great experience for the entire family.
* Family Fun Zone Powered by Kid Fuel, the coolest anytime drink in the universe. Enjoy fantastic prizes, interactive games, and spectacular entertainment for kids of all ages.
* Kid Fuel will Fuel Your Imagination with participation from Mad Science, Karate for Kids, and other very special surprises including driver appearances.
* Join in the fun with the Mad Scientist and other interactive games and activities, a bounce house, sport court and a place to enjoy with the whole family.
For ticket information, concert dates and times for the Vegas Grand Prix, go to www.vegasgrandprix. Tickets can also be purchased by calling toll free 877-795-RACE or at trackside ticket offices during race weekend.