<pre> Race Results Start/Finish ...
<pre> Race Results Start/Finish #4 Bruno Junqueira 12/9 #5 Tora Takagi 14/15 #6 Cristiano da Matta 1/12 #44 Scott Dixon 4/16 #11 Christian Fittipaldi 7/13 #12 Kenny Brack 10/18 #20 Oriol Servia 15/14
Crashes, mechanical woes sideline Toyota at Vancouver.
- Cristiano da Matta lost a gearbox while leading as a host of mechanical woes and crashes resulted in the most difficult race of the season for the Toyota contingen. Da Matta was one of two Toyota- powered cars to be sidelined by broken gearboxes. Three more cars retired due to mulit-car incidents, while suspension and driveshaft failures also were race-ending difficulties. Bruno Junqueira was the highest placing Toyota in the attrition-filled race with a ninth-place finish, despite being caught up in an accident with eight laps remaining today at Vancouver.
- Cristiano da Matta led 36 laps today on his way to a 12th-place finish. He^Òs now led at least 19 laps in every road course event this season. Da Matta leads all CART drivers in laps led with 468.
- Oriol Servia (Visteon Toyota) was running in the top 10 in his first start with Patrick Racing before seeing his day end with gearbox troubles.
- Despite his early retirement, Cristiano da Matta continues to lead the CART point standings by 38 points over Dario Franchitti, 122-84.
- Toyota continues to lead the CART Manufacturer^Òs Championship by 16 points over Honda.
Manufacturer's Championship: Toyota 171, Honda 155, Ford 114
Next Race: Grand Prix of Mid-Ohio, Aug. 11th, CBS, 12:30 p.m. EDT