TENNECO AUTOMOTIVE DETROIT GRAND PRIX Toyota Race Results Start/Finish ...
TENNECO AUTOMOTIVE DETROIT GRAND PRIX
Toyota Race Results Start/Finish #20 Roberto Moreno 7/3 #11 Christian Fittipaldi 8/5 #6 Cristiano da Matta 17/7 #17 Mauricio Gugelmin 12/10 #12 Nic Minassian 14/17 (trans.) #40 Jimmy Vasser 5/18 (crash #4 Bruno Junqueira 2/19 (trans.) #5 Tora Takagi 25/20 (trans.) #18 Scott Dixon 18/22 (drivershaft)
Moreno Paces Toyota With Season-Best Third;
Four Toyotas in Top 10
- Roberto Moreno's third-place finish was his best of the season and his second top-10 showing this season (10th at Japan) and his fourth points-paying effort in six 2001 events.
- Christian Fittipaldi's fifth-place finish is his third top-five showing in the last four races - his only non-top five came at Milwaukee where he was running fourth late in the race before being involved in an incident while trying to pass lapped traffic.
- Cristiano da Matta's seventh-place finish is his fourth top-10 of the season, but his first since Nazareth after getting caught up in other drivers accidents at each of the past two races. Da Matta is currently fourth in Champ Car points.
- Mauricio Gugelmin's 10th-place finish matches his best of the season and gives the Brazilian his third points-paying finish of the 2001 campaign.
- Despite his early exit today due to driveshaft problems, Scott Dixon continues to lead the CART Rookie of the Year standings with 38 points - 15 points ahead of Target rookie Bruno Junqueira. Dixon sits eighth overall in the FedEx Championship Series points standings.
- Bruno Junqueira ran in second-place for most of the early going today before transmission woes sidelined him. It was the reigning FIA F3000 champ's best showing to date before he retired.
- Toyota remains second in the Manufacturer's Championship, 10 behind Honda - and 20 ahead of third-place Ford.
NEXT RACE: Freightliner/G.I. Joe's 200 Presented by Texaco, June 24, ESPN, 4:00 p.m. EDT