What: Miller Lite 200, round 13 of the 20-race CART FedEx Championship Series. When: Sunday, Aug. 13. Local start time: 2 p.m. Broadcast: 4 p.m. Eastern on ABC-TV. Qualifying - Saturday, Aug. 12. Practice - Friday, Aug. 11. ...
What: Miller Lite 200, round 13 of the 20-race CART FedEx Championship Series.
When: Sunday, Aug. 13. Local start time: 2 p.m. Broadcast: 4 p.m. Eastern on ABC-TV. Qualifying - Saturday, Aug. 12. Practice - Friday, Aug. 11.
Where: The 2.258-mile permanent road course at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
History: Juan Montoya started eighth and won the race in 1999. Jimmy Vasser started fifth and finished fourth last year.
* Team Target is aiming to win its fourth Mid-Ohio title in the past five years. Former team driver Alex Zanardi won the race in 1996 and 1997 and Juan Montoya won it during his rookie season.
* Montoya ranks eighth in the CART point standings with 77 points. He trails leader Michael Andretti by 43 points. Jimmy Vasser ranks ninth with 68 points.
* Montoya is seeking his fourth victory of the season. The defending CART champ won the Indianapolis 500, the Miller Lite 225 and the Michigan 500.
* Montoya has started on the pole in five races (Japan, Nazareth, Milwaukee, Detroit and Chicago) this year.
* Montoya has 12 pole positions in his 32 career CART races. By comparison, former team driver Zanardi finished his remarkable CART career with 10 poles in 51 races.
* Montoya has started fifth or better in 22 of his 32 CART races.
* Target Chip Ganassi Racing is pursuing an unprecedented fifth straight CART FedEx Series championship. Montoya is the defending CART champion. Vasser won the title in 1996. Alex Zanardi won titles for Team Target in 1997 and 1998.
* Vasser has finished in the top 10 in 15 of his last 22 CART races, dating back to the 1999 race in Toronto. He has finished fifth or better in eight of his last 21 races.
* Montoya has earned 10 of the 24 bonus championship points available to date for either winning the pole position or leading the most laps. He has swept the pole and laps-led points at Japan, Nazareth, Milwaukee, Detroit and Chicago.
* Including the Indy 500, Team Target has 33 victories in its last 84 starts.
* Either Montoya or Vasser has finished on the podium in 13 of the past 32 races.
* Team Target drivers have 58 podium finishes in the last 84 races.
Juan Montoya, No. 1 Target Toyota-Lola -- "I'm looking forward to my second race at Mid-Ohio. It's one of my favorite tracks on the circuit. It has a little bit of everything, and you can get some pretty good speeds on the straights. I think we'll have a good race this weekend and put Team Target back into the points race. The whole team is very calm and confident. We know anything can happen out there, so we just have to put the car in a position to win and see what happens. Unfortunately, we can't control what happens to our competition, so it's my goal to just stay ahead of them. A win at Mid-Ohio would be very good for this team at this time of the season. I think we can do it."
Jimmy Vasser, No. 12 Target Toyota-Lola - "Our team has been in so many championship battles the past few years, I think our experience is going to be very helpful in this final stretch, starting with Mid-Ohio. We know what it takes to finish on top and no one is panicking that we're not sitting in front with a 50-point lead. There are still too many races left to be worrying about the championship, but we know we have to score some good points in each race. At Mid-Ohio last year, I just missed the podium [fourth place] -- this year I plan to get there."