Race Details: Timed event - 1 hour, 45 minutes. Track distance is 4.048 miles (6.514 kilometers). Television Broadcast: Live - Sunday, August 12, at 3 p.m. EDT on ABC. Bridgestone Potenza Tires Supplied: * Primary (black-sidewall) ...
Race Details: Timed event - 1 hour, 45 minutes. Track distance is 4.048 miles (6.514 kilometers).
Television Broadcast: Live - Sunday, August 12, at 3 p.m. EDT on ABC.
Bridgestone Potenza Tires Supplied:
* Primary (black-sidewall) dry-condition slicks: 588, each car gets eight sets for the weekend.
* Alternate (red-sidewall) dry-condition slicks: 176, each car gets two sets.
* Wet-condition (rain) tires: 292 with tread pattern, each car gets four sets.
* In a normal dry-condition race, each car must use at least one set of primary and one set of alternate Potenzas. The primary and alternate tires' construction is identical, but the alternates possess a tread compound with better grip ("softer"), making them faster but possibly not quite as durable.
* Bridgestone Motorsport is bringing specifications of our primary and alternate Potenzas that are unique to this event. Both are the same specs that were used at this track in 2006. The wet-condition tire is the new, durable rain tire, referred to as the "road course rain." The tires are designed to withstand the high speeds generated by this long, winding race track.
From Al Speyer, Executive Director, Bridgestone Motorsport: "Road America is a one-of-a-kind track, so it is fitting that Bridgestone Motorsport will bring unique specifications of our primary and alternate Potenzas to tackle this four-plus-mile natural terrain road course. These same tires performed well here last year, especially considering that ambient temperatures were only in the upper 60s during the race. With warmer weather expected this weekend, we should see plenty of grip from these tires even though they are also designed to be quite durable in order to withstand the high speeds encountered here. It is always great to return to Road America - it is a track where these cars can really stretch their legs and the Bridgestone tires can showcase their consistency and high performance characteristics lap after lap."