* The RuSPORT team will be returning to the Molson Indy Montreal with both drivers in championship contention. British 26 year-old pilot of the No. 9 CDW car, Justin Wilson is currently fourth in the Drivers Championship standings. A.J.
* The RuSPORT team will be returning to the Molson Indy Montreal with both drivers in championship contention. British 26 year-old pilot of the No. 9 CDW car, Justin Wilson is currently fourth in the Drivers Championship standings. A.J. Allmendinger, 23 and driver of the No. 10 Western Union car, is currently in sixth.
* The RuSPORT pair, along with the team, is only in their second year of Champ Car competition. Undaunted as newcomers, Wilson and Allmendinger have each captured their first career pole positions recently and Wilson has also collected his first Champ Car victory. Allmendinger just captured his sixth top-ten of the season at the Grand Prix of Denver with a third place finish. Wilson was collected in a first lap incident in Denver so Montreal will be critical to the points chase for the British driver.
* At just past the halfway point of the season, A.J. is currently second in the Bridgestone Passion for Excellence Award standings. The award is given at the end of the season and is determined by adding up the driver's fastest race lap from each event. The driver with the lowest total is given the award.
* The Montreal circuit ranks as a favorite for Allmendinger, the former Roshfran's Rookie of the Year. In 2004, he made his first front row start in the Champ Car series at Montreal, starting second and finishing a respectable fifth after a first lap tire puncture almost ended his day. In 2002 he started from the pole here as a Barber Dodge Series competitor and continued his front row streak in '03 starting from the pole again as a Toyota Atlantic Series driver.
* Wilson, a former F1 driver, is also very familiar with the 2.709-mile Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. Last year he started eighth but finished a disappointing 14th after a mechanical failure with just 13 laps to the finish. He previously raced the circuit in 2003 for Minardi Formula One.