FITTIPALDI'S FOURTH PACES FOUR TOYOTAS IN TOP-10 AT MILWAUKEE - Christian Fittipaldi earned his second top-five finish of the season with a fourth today to pace the Toyota contingent. With the fourth-place showing, Fittipaldi moves into eighth...
FITTIPALDI'S FOURTH PACES FOUR TOYOTAS IN TOP-10 AT MILWAUKEE
- Christian Fittipaldi earned his second top-five finish of the season with a fourth today to pace the Toyota contingent. With the fourth-place showing, Fittipaldi moves into eighth overall in the FedEx Championship Series.
- All three Target Chip Ganassi Racing Toyotas finished in the top-10 today with Scott Dixon sixth, Kenny Brack in eighth and Bruno Junqueira 10th.
- Scott Dixon's sixth came in his first race with the Target Ganassi team. After making a great start from fourth, Dixon ran second for much of the early going before having a problem in the pits on his first stop that dropped him back to eighth. Making the finish even more impressive was that Dixon signed with Target Chip Ganassi Racing on Wednesday, just two days before the weekend started. The third TCGR team was put together using a combination of new hires, one mechanic each re-assigned from the #4 and #12 cars, as well as the Target IRL team and shop personnel.
- Kenny Brack led a season-high 59 laps on his way to his second top-10 finish of the season.
- Tora Takagi was running fourth before getting high and hitting the wall on Lap 109.
- Cristiano da Matta continues to be the highest-ranking Toyota driver in the FedEx Championship Series points race with 27 - good for fifth-place overall. Teammate Christian Fittipaldi is eighth, while Bruno Junqueira is ninth with 26 points.
Scott Dixon, #44 Target Toyota: "We had no problems sticking with Paul early before the problem in the pit really killed us. Overall, I'm pretty happy though. The whole team did a pretty good job all considered, although it really would have been nice to get a podium." <pre> Race Results Start/Finish #11 Christian Fittipaldi 15/4 #44 Scott Dixon 4/6 #12 Kenny Brack 14/8 #4 Bruno Junqueira 5/10 #6 Cristiano da Matta 7/11 #20 Townsend Bell 19/13 #5 Tora Takagi 10/14
<pre> Manufacturer's Championship: Honda 75, Toyota 66, Ford 59
Next Race: Bridgestone Grand Prix of Monterey, June 9th, SPEED 4:30 p.m. EDT