BRIDGESTONE POTENZA FAST FACTS Champ Car World Series Gran Premio Tecate presented by Banamex Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico City, Mexico November 9-11, 2007 - Round 14 of 14 Race Details: Timed event - 1 hour, 45 minutes. Track distance...
BRIDGESTONE POTENZA FAST FACTS
Champ Car World Series
Gran Premio Tecate presented by Banamex
Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico City, Mexico
November 9-11, 2007 - Round 14 of 14
Race Details: Timed event - 1 hour, 45 minutes. Track distance is 2.774 miles (4.464 kilometers).
Television Broadcast: Live - Sunday, November 11, at 2 p.m. EST on ESPN2.
Bridgestone Potenza Tires Supplied:
* Primary (black-sidewall) dry-condition slicks: 586, each car gets seven sets.
* Alternate (red-sidewall) dry-condition slicks: 178, each car gets two sets.
* Wet-condition (rain) tires: 320 with tread pattern, each car gets four sets.
* In a normal dry-condition race, each car must use at least one set of primary and one set of alternate Potenzas. The primary and alternate tires' construction is identical, but the alternates possess a tread compound with better grip ("softer"), making them faster but possibly not as durable. The alternates are identified with bright red sidewalls.
* Bridgestone Motorsport is bringing its medium-grip primary road-course Potenza specification to Mexico City, along with a higher-grip road-course alternate spec. The wet-condition tire is the more durable road-course rain tire. The dry-condition specifications are identical to those used at Mexico City in 2006. The primary spec served in the same role earlier this season at Cleveland and Edmonton. The alternate spec also was used as the alternate tire at Portland.
From Al Speyer, Executive Director, Bridgestone Motorsport: "Hard to believe, but another exciting Champ Car season is coming to a close. The Mexico City events are perennially great because of the tremendous racetrack and the many, many passionate fans who attend. This year's race takes on special status because it will also be the final Champ Car event for four-time champion Sebastien Bourdais, an incredible driver and loyal Bridgestone friend. Fortunately, Sebastien is taking his great talent to another Bridgestone program in Formula One. As good a driver as he is, you know the rest of the field would like nothing better than to beat Bourdais one more time before he goes. While we are now closing the 2007 season, the 2008 Champ Car schedule has just been announced and Bridgestone is already preparing for great racing next year."