What: Motorola 220, round 14 of the 20-race CART FedEx Championship Series. When: Sunday, Aug. 20. Local start time: 1 p.m. Broadcast: 4 p.m. Eastern on ABC-TV. Broadcast live on CART Radio Network affiliates. Coverage of practice, qualifying...
What: Motorola 220, round 14 of the 20-race CART FedEx Championship Series.
When: Sunday, Aug. 20. Local start time: 1 p.m. Broadcast: 4 p.m. Eastern on ABC-TV. Broadcast live on CART Radio Network affiliates. Coverage of practice, qualifying and the race is also live on CART.com. Qualifying - Saturday, Aug. 19. Practice - Friday, Aug. 18.
Where: The 4.048-mile permanent road course at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis.
History: Juan Montoya started second and finished 13th in 1999. Jimmy Vasser started sixth and finished 23rd last year.
* Team Target's last victory at Road America was in 1997 when former driver Alex Zanardi claimed the checkered flag.
* Juan Montoya ranks ninth in the CART point standings with 77 points. Jimmy Vasser ranks 12th with 68 points.
* Vasser has finished in the top ten in four of his last five races at Road America. He has finished third (1995), sixth (1996), eighth (1997) and ninth (1998).
* Montoya is seeking his fourth victory of the season. The defending CART champ won the Indianapolis 500, the Miller Lite 225 and the Michigan 500.
* Montoya has started on the pole in five races (Japan, Nazareth, Milwaukee, Detroit and Chicago) this year.
* Montoya has 12 pole positions in his 33 career CART races. By comparison, former team driver Zanardi finished his remarkable CART career with 10 poles in 51 races.
* Montoya has started fifth or better in 22 of his 33 CART races.
* Target Chip Ganassi Racing is pursuing an unprecedented fifth straight CART FedEx Series championship. Montoya is the defending CART champion. Vasser won the title in 1996. Alex Zanardi won titles for Team Target in 1997 and 1998.
* Vasser has finished in the top 10 in 15 of his last 23 CART races, dating back to the 1999 race in Toronto. He has finished fifth or better in eight of his last 21 races.
* Montoya has earned 10 of the 26 bonus championship points available to date for either winning the pole position or leading the most laps. He has swept the pole and laps-led points at Japan, Nazareth, Milwaukee, Detroit and Chicago.
* Including the Indy 500, Team Target has 33 victories in its last 85 starts.
* Either Montoya or Vasser has finished on the podium in 13 of the past 33 races.
* Team Target drivers have 58 podium finishes in the last 85 races.
St. Jude - Target Chip Ganassi Racing is again donating money to Target House at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis. Target House is a comfortable place for the families of St. Jude patients to stay while their children receive treatments. The team will donate $5,000 for each race win, $1,000 for each pole position and $25 for each lap led. During the 1997 season, the team raised $46,275 for Target House. Target matched the donation and awarded St. Jude Hospital a $100,000 check. In 1998, Team Target's success on the track resulted in a $71,875 donation to St. Jude. In 1999, the team raised $68,250 for Target House, which opened May 17, 1999. Founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas, St. Jude is the largest center in the U.S. for the treatment and research of pediatric cancer and other catastrophic childhood diseases. Following Mid-Ohio, Team Target's season total is $32,525.