BRIDGESTONE POTENZA FAST FACTS Champ Car World Series Bavaria Beer Champ Car Grand Prix of Holland TT Circuit - Assen, Netherlands August 31-September 2, 2007 - Round 12 of 14 Race Details: Timed event - 1 hour, 45 minutes. Track distance is ...
BRIDGESTONE POTENZA FAST FACTS
Champ Car World Series
Bavaria Beer Champ Car Grand Prix of Holland
TT Circuit - Assen, Netherlands
August 31-September 2, 2007 - Round 12 of 14
Race Details: Timed event - 1 hour, 45 minutes. Track distance is 2.788 miles (4.486 kilometers).
Television Broadcast: Live - Sunday, September 2, at 7 a.m. EDT on ESPN Classic.
Bridgestone Potenza Tires Supplied:
* Primary (black-sidewall) dry-condition slicks: 546, each car gets seven sets.
* Alternate (red-sidewall) dry-condition slicks: 174, each car gets two sets.
* Wet-condition (rain) tires: 267 with tread pattern, each car gets four sets.
* In a normal dry-condition race, each car must use at least one set of primary and one set of alternate Potenzas. The primary and alternate tires' construction is identical, but the alternates possess a tread compound with better grip ("softer"), making them faster but possibly not quite as durable.
* Bridgestone Motorsport is bringing its highly durable and moderate-grip primary road course Potenza specification, along with our highest-grip road course spec for the alternates. The wet-condition tire is the new-for-this-season, durable rain tire, referred to as the "road course rain." The tires are the same specifications used previously this year at Cleveland, Mont-Tremblant, Edmonton and Zolder.
From Al Speyer, Executive Director, Bridgestone Motorsport: "Assen is another race track that Bridgestone Motorsport has never visited with the Champ Car World Series. However, we do know from our participation in MotoGP that it will be a very fast circuit, so the highly durable, moderate-grip road course primary black Potenza specification should prove to be a good choice. At the last race in Belgium, the alternate red Potenzas proved to be quite durable as well - not lasting as long as the primaries, but longer than drivers expected the alternate tires to last. So that could change some of the strategies and make the race even more interesting for the fans in Assen, who are expected to turn out in droves. Bridgestone is pleased to be a part of Champ Car's successful return to Europe, and it has been really exciting to come into new markets that allow Bridgestone to help Champ Car showcase its series and our tires."