* At 1:39 a.m. and Lap 385, ...
* At 1:39 a.m. and Lap 385, #40A spins at Turn 6 and stalls off course. The driver gets the car re-fired and continues on course.
* At 1:41 a.m. and Lap 387, #59U pits to replace the right hand axle.
* At 1:42 a.m. and still on Lap 387, #6 pits and LEITZINGER exits the car and LAGORCE takes over the controls.
* Again on Lap 387, #40A has trouble keeping the lights lit, and subsequently pits the car. The crew then pushes the car behind the wall with a transmission problem.
* At 1:45 a.m. and Lap 388, #91+ pits and BERETTA exits the car, and WENDLINGER takes over the controls.
* At 1:53 a.m. and Lap 394, #5 pits after loosing a wheel coming off the banking on Turn 4. The crew services the car and #5 returns to the race.
* At 2 a.m. and Lap 397, #5 pits for fuel and tires, and ANGELELLI exits the car and TAYLOR takes the wheel.
* Also at 2 p.m., 13 hours into the race, the Sports Racer leader is still #20 leading #36 (27th overall) by 66 laps, followed by #5 (29th overall). The GTO leader is #93+ (2nd overall) leading #91+ (3rd overall and on the same lap), followed by #4 (4th overall and 1 lap down). The GTU leader is #81U (8th overall) leads #23U (10th overall and 9 laps down), followed by #2U (11th overall and 11 laps down). The AGT class leader is #84A (28th overall), leading #40A (57th overall and 117 laps down to #84A. Third in class is #13A (59th overall and 121 laps).
* At 2:04 a.m. and Lap 399, #20 pits for fuel. WEAVER steps out of the car and PAPIS takes over the wheel.
* At 2:12 a.m. and Lap 402, #93+ pits. DODOHUE exits the car and AMORIN takes over.
* At 2:19 a.m. and Lap 405, #3+ pits for fuel and tires. BELL exits the car and FELLOWS takes over the wheel.
* At 2:20 a.m. and Lap 408, #36 pits. GIDLEY exits the car and JOHANSSEN takes over.
* Lead Lap 408 (2:25 a.m.), #4+ enters pits for transmission change. Team estimates change will take about 10 minutes but is assessed a 10 second penalty for too many men over the wall and having the refueling man service the car with his visor up.
* Lead lap 418 (2:51 a.m.) leader No. 20 pits, Papis stays in, but engine cover comes off to investigate a possible misfire, the first non-routine pit activity the Dyson team has performed in the race. Engine cover is returned to the car after little over one minute and the team reportedly found nothing wrong with the car.
* Lead Lap 418 (2:52 a.m.), #4+ Pilgrim returns with new transmission and after having served the 10 second penalty. #4+ is seventh overall and fifth in GTO.
* Lead Lap 422 (2:52 a.m.) 47 returns to the race from behind the pit wall.
* At 3:00 a.m. on Lap 427, 14 hours into the race, the overall and SportsRacer leader #20 is 15 laps ahead of #6 that is fifth place overall. Third in class, 26th overall, is #36. In GTO, leader #91+ and second place #93+ are both on lap 415 and running second and third overall, respectively. Third place in GTO is #3+ one lap behind the leaders and fourth overall. The GTU class leader remains #81U (7th overall) with 402 laps completed and six laps ahead of 23U. Third place 2U has completed 385 laps, 11th overall. In AGT, the #84A Camaro is 35th overall (333 laps) and 42 laps ahead of second-place 09A that is 44th overall. #13A is third in class, 57th overall, and has completed 221 laps.
* Lead Lap 429 (3:10 a.m.), #3+ Fellows pits for routine stop and continues.
* Lead Lap 435 (3:16 a.m.) #36 slowly comes to a stop at pit in and the crew pushes the car to its pit. The team is going to change transmissions on #36.
* Lead Lap 442 (3:31 a.m.), #36 leaves pits with what may be its third gearbox of the race as leader #20 Papis pits. Engine cover is removed on #20 and the team is now removing the valve covers in order to find what has become a persistent but slight misfire. No broken rockers or valve springs have been discovered. #20 returns at 3:43 a.m. with the source of the misfire having not been found. The lead is now seven laps over second place 91+.
* Lead Lap 444 (3:47 a.m.) and #5 is in the pits for an extended stop as the left rear wheel/hub is stuck.
* Lead Lap 453 (3:58 a.m.) #5 remains in the pits as teammate #6 has picked up the pace to move to third overall, on the same lap with the second-place #91+. Wallace is driving #6.
* At 4:00 a.m., lead lap 457, 15 hours into the race, overall and SportsRacer leader #20 is eight laps ahead of second in class #6 which has moved up to third overall. Third place SportsRacer #36 has completed 392 laps and is 26th overall. In GTO, #91+ has completed 451 laps to lead the division and is one lap ahead of #3+ and #93+. In GTU, #81U still leads and has completed 436 laps and is eighth overall. Second place GTU #23U is 10th overall and has completed 431 laps while third place #2U has completed 400 laps in 11th overall. #84A continues to lead AGT with 359 laps complete and 35th overall. Second place #09A has completed 321 laps while third place #13A is 50th overall with 248 laps complete.
* Lead lap 464 (4:25 a.m.) 9 blows engine on the backstraight with heavy smoke. Car makes it to the pits and is taken behind the wall.
* Lead Lap 466 (4:27 a.m.), leader #20 Papis pits and Forbes-Robinson takes the wheel. For the first time in the last three stops, the team does not remove the engine cover in what appears to be a routine stop.
* No. 5 has returned to the race and is in 32nd place, 95 laps behind the leader.
* Lead Lap 467 (4:31 a.m.), #6 has moved to second overall, passing 91+.
* Lead Lap 468 (4:33 a.m.) #36, third in SportsRacer but 25th overall, is turning laps in the 1:42-second range with Smith at the wheel, some of the fastest laps of the race.
* Hour 16 at 5:00 a.m., leader #20 has completed 483 laps, seven laps ahead of second place #6. Third place in SportsRacer, 25th overall, is #36 that has completed 418 laps. In GTO, the close race continues with #91+ leading (third overall) with 476 laps, two laps ahead of both second place 3+ and 93+ which are fourth and fifth overall, respectively. #81U is still out front in GTU, eighth overall with 459 laps complete. That is five laps ahead of #23U which is 10th overall. #2U is 11th overall and third in GTU with 442 laps. AGT leader #84A is 36 laps ahead of nearest challenger #09A, 379 laps completed and 34th overall. #09A is 39th overall while #13A is third in class, 49th overall with 270 laps completed.
* 5:02 a.m., AGT leader #84A pits and drives directly to the garage.
* Leader #20 makes routine pit stop at 5:11 a.m. on lap 488. Forbes-Robinson stays in the car and the stop is the quickest of the team's last four, taking fuel and tires in about 30 seconds.
* Lead lap 491 (5:16 a.m.) #36 is in the pits for an extend stop with steering problems.
* At 5:20 a.m. and Lap 495, #91+ pits and BERETTA exits the car and WENDLINGER takes the controls.
* At 5:23 a.m. and Lap 496, #72+ pits and adds three quarts of oil before re-entering the race.
* At 5:32 a.m. and Lap 500, #3+ pits and KNEIFEL exits the car and BELL takes over the chores.
* Also at 5:32 a.m. and Lap 500, #04+ pits and FREON steps out of the car and PILGRIM gets in.
* Again on Lap 500, the running order is #20 leading by seven laps over #6, followed by #91+, #93+ and #3+.
* At 5:48 a.m. and Lap 509, #6 pits. The crew changes pads and rotors on three of four wheels and adds a quart of oil before the driver exits the pits.
* At 5:50 a.m. and Lap 510, #9+ pits and EFR exits the car. DYSON takes over the controls.
* At 5:54 a.m. and Lap 511, #7U pits and RICCITELLI exits the car while PETER takes over the controls.
* At 6 a.m. and Lap 514, the SportsRacer leader is still #20, followed by #6 (3rd overall, 7 laps back), followed by #36 (24th overall and 76 laps). The GTO class is led by #91+ (2nd overall) leading by 2 laps over (10th overall), followed by #93+ (5th overall and 2 laps down). The GTU class is led by #81U (8th overall), leading by 5 laps over #23U (10th overall) and #2U (11th overall and 18 laps back of the class leader. The AGT class is led by #84A (36th overall), leading by 10 laps over #09A (38th overall), followed by #13A (48th overall and 91 laps down to the class leader).
* At 6:02 a.m. and on Lap 516, #5 pits and van de POELE exits the car and ANGELELLI takes over the controls.
* At 6:03 a.m. and still on Lap 516, #81U pits and HUISMAN exits the car while LAW takes the wheel.
* At 6:08 a.m. and Lap 519, #41U pits and SPRINGER exits the car while HARDMAN takes over the controls.