* Also on Lap 139, ...
* Also on Lap 139, #69U retires from the race with mechanical problems.
* Again on Lap 139, #81U pits for tires and fuel.
* Once again, on Lap 139, #20 pits for fuel only and quickly gets back on track, retaining the lead over the #5 Cadillac.
* GREEN FLAG waves on Lap 141 with #20 leading, followed by #5, #31, #93+, #91+, #3+, #4+, #92+ and #81U.
* On Lap 143, #37 and #60U rejoin the race from the garage area.
* On Lap 145, #31 rejoins the race after the crew finishes changing the oil cooler. The team has lost eight laps to the leaders in the repair, falling to ninth place.
* At 6 p.m., the #27 team reports that their car backfired through the airbox and caught fire and that was the reason for the driver pulling off course at the chicane on Lap 134. The crew is busy repairing the car in the garage at this moment.
* Also at 6 p.m., Grand-Am Race Control announces that all cars should now have lights on and that no cars will leave Pit Road without lights on.
* Finally at 6 p.m., five hours into the race and on Lap 144, the Sports Racer class is led by #20, leading by 1:15.221 over #5, followed by #31. The GTO class is led by #91+ (third overall), leading by 1 lap over #93+ (fourth overall), followed by #4 (fifth overall). The GTU class is led by #81U (eighth overall), leading by two laps over #51U (13th overall), followed by #23U (14th overall). The AGT class is led by #84A (35th overall), followed by #40A (55th overall) and #09A (56th overall). There are 76 cars still running at this stage of the race.
* YELLOW FLAG waves on Lap 161 after #73U stalls at the entrance to Turn 5 on track. Grand-Am workers tow the car to safety outside the barrier.
* Also, on Lap 161, #03+ pits for tires and fuel.
* On Lap 163, the lead car #20 pits and #5 takes over the lead. #20 returns to the race in second place.
* Also on Lap 163, #06 pits again and the crew goes under the body to work on the engine.
* GREEN FLAG waves on Lap 164 (6:26 p.m.) to restart the race. #5 leads by 2.867 seconds as the cars cross the Start/Finish line. #91+ runs third, followed by #93+, #4+, #92+, 3+, #81U, and #31.
* On Lap 164, #3+ pits for fuel, tires, and a driver change.
* On Lap 165, #89U spins coming out of Turn 6 and slides through the grass at the bottom of High Bank Turn 1. The driver makes no contact and returns to the race, losing almost a lap to the leaders.
* On Lap 167, #49 retires from the race due to mechanical problems.
* On Lap 170, the leader #5 Cadillac has built up a 34.808-second margin over #20.
* On Lap 172, #09A pulls into the garage area directly from the track with no power.
* On Lap 177, #93+ pits and BELLOC exits the car and DONOHUE takes over the wheel.
* At 7 p.m., 6 hours into the race and on Lap 182, the Sports Racer class is topped by #5, leading by 1:35.002 over #20 (2nd overall), followed by #31 (8th overall). The GTO class is led by #91+ (3rd overall and six laps down), leading #4 (4th overall and seven laps down), followed by #92+ (5th overall and eight laps down). The GTU class is led by #81U (9th overall and 10 laps down), leading #23U (10th overall and 11 laps down), followed by #51U (13th overall and 12 laps down). The AGT class is led by #84A (38th overall and 25 laps down), leading over #40A (40th overall and 43 laps down), followed by #09A (58th overall and 50 laps down).
* On Lap 185, #29 pulls behind the wall for repairs.
* On Lap 188, #36 pits and SMITH exits the car and JOHANSSEN takes over.
* Also on Lap 188, #33 retires from the race due to front end damage.
* Again, on Lap 188, #12 returns to the race from the garage area after extensive repairs.
* On Lap 189, #5 laps #27 on course, putting the second place machine one lap down.
* Also on Lap 189, #5 makes a routine stop and re-enters the race still holding the lead over #27.
* On Lap 190, #20 makes a routine stop for fuel and tires and returns to the race in second place.
* Also on Lap 190, #47 spins at the chicane and damages the nose. The driver gets the car righted and returns to Pit Road dragging a headlight and missing some front bodywork.
* On Lap 191, #3+ pits and KNEIFEL exits the car and BELL takes over.
* Also on Lap 191, #04+ pits and PILGRIM exits the car and COLLINS takes over.
* BLACK FLAG is shown on Lap 192 to #60 as the car is running without lights.
* On Lap 193, #91+ pits and BERETTA exits the car and WENDLINGER takes over the wheel.
* Also on Lap 193, #12 again pits the car with mechanical troubles.
* On Lap 195, #38+ rejoins the race from the garage area.
* Also on Lap 195, the BLACK FLAG is shown to #41 as the car is running without lights.
* At 7:35 p.m. and on Lap 200, the running order is #5 leading #20, followed by #91+, #4, #93+, #92+, #3+, #81U, and #00.
* On Lap 205, #31 pits and Grand-Am Pit workers report that the car is losing water from overheating.
* On Lap 206, #74 returns to the race from the garage area.
* On Lap 207, #06 bursts into flames exiting the chicane. The driver pulls the car to the bottom of the High Banked Turn 3 and exits the car under his own power. Grand-Am safety officials put the fire out and tow the car back to the garage area. #06 subsequently retires from the race due to fire.
* At 8 p.m., 7 hours into the race and Lap 214, the Sports Racer leader is #5 leading by a lap over #20, followed by #00. The GTO class is led by #91+ (3rd overall and seven laps down) over #4+ (4th overall and eight laps down) and #93+ (fifth overall and eight laps down). The GTU class is led by #81U (8th overall and 11 laps down), leading #23U (11th overall and 13 laps down), followed by #51U (12th overall and 13 laps down). The AGT class is led by #84A (39th overall and 40 laps down), leading #53A (54th overall and 62 laps down ) and #09A (61st overall and 92 laps down).
* YELLOW FLAG waves on Lap 226 after #53A makes heavy contact with guardrail exiting the road course Turn 2 and stalls on track.
* Just as the Yellow Flag comes out, the stadium lights leading from the Start/Finish line suffer an electrical short and go out, leaving the entrance to the road course Turn 1 totally in the dark.
* On Lap 228 and under a full course Yellow Flag, #01U re-enters the race from the garage area.
* Also on Lap 228, second-place #20 enters the Pits and WEAVER exits the car and PAPIS takes over the wheel. At the same time, #5 pits and loses the lead as #20 beats the Cadillac back out.
* On Lap 229, #37 retires from the race with an engine and gearbox problem. #12 also retires from the race due to mechanical problems.
* GREEN FLAG waves on Lap 231 to resume the race. #20 leads, followed by #5, #93+, #91+, #4+, #92+, #3+, #81U and #23U.
* On Lap 234, #24U goes behind the wall for repairs.
* By Lap 236, #20 PAPIS has gained a lead of over 25 seconds as #5 Taylor appears to be holding a steady 20 -- 25 second interval.
* Lead Lap 238, #29 returns from behind the wall.
* Lista/Doran Racing has turned in the No. 27 Ferrari driver log book and scoring transponder to Grand-Am officials, officially retiring the entry.
* Lead Lap 240, No. 31 goes behind the wall as hour eight comes to an end.
* Lead Lap 243 (9:11 p.m.) No. 5 Taylor pits second place Cadillac, van de Poele in as the team changes the race car's brake rotors. The race car entered the pits nearly a lap down and has lost several more laps during the stop.
* Lead Lap 247 (9:17 p.m.) second-place GTU No. 23U makes an extended pit stop to change a water pump.