DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - February 3 - Only hours before dawn, the ...
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - February 3 - Only hours before dawn, the #38 Champion Lola Porsche continues its quest for the top stop at the Rolex 24, having moved from 70th place to eighth in a little more than 14 hours. The 15-hour report shows the Champion car just two laps behind from moving up another notch.
The #66 Racers Group Porsche 911 GT3 RS of Bernhard/Bergmeister/Buckler/Schrom continues to lead GT, with its #68 teammate Porsche of Schumacher/Neam/Nagel/Zacharias now in second. The #43 Orbit Racing Porsche 911 GT3 RS of Kyle Petty/Peter Baron/Leo Hind ery/Mike Borkowski has dropped a place to fourth, while Orbit teammate #44 with Kester/Schultheis/Trembley/Wellman has moved into third.
The #79 Fitzgerald/Jackson/Matos/Franchitti Porsche 911 GT3 RS, which has run as high as second in the last several hours, lost its engine.
The #38 Champion Porsche Lola continues to climb in the standings, now running ninth overall, with the leaders in front of it continuing to experience problems.
In GTS, the #00 Empringham/Spenard/Bytzek Porsche GT1 now been swapping positions with the Gentilozzi Jaguar as the driver match-ups vary. The #00 car is currently fourth overall and first in GTS.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (February 3, 2002) - End of Hour #12 - GTS and GT Top Teams - Overall leader completed 428 laps
1.(00) David Empringham, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Richard Spenard, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, GTS, Bytzek Motorsports Porsche GT1 - 411 laps.
2.(3) Paul Gentilozzi, Lansing, Mich.; Brian Simo, Carlsbad, Calif.; Scott Pruett, Auburn, Calif., Michael Lauer, Greenwich, Conn., GTS, Rocketsports Racing Jaguar - 411 laps.
3. (77) Christophe Bouchut, France; Jean-luc Chereau, France; Carl Rosenblad, Sweden; Patrice Goueslard, France; Thermoking Viper, GTS - 394.
1.(66) Kevin Buckler, Sonoma, Calif.; Michael Schrom, Ghent, N.Y.; Timo Bernhard, Germany, Jorg Bergmeister, Germany, GT, The Racers Group Porsche GT3 RS - 404 laps
2. (68) Robert Nearn, Great Britain; BJ Zacharias, Cincinnati, Ohio; Larry Schumacher, West Chester, Ohio, Robert Nagel, Clearwater, Fla., GT, The Racers Group Porsche GT3 R - 397 laps.
3. (44) Gary Schultheis, Boca Raton, Fla.; Anthony Kester, Michigan City, Ind.; Sylvain Tremblay, Sunrise, Fla., Selby Wellman, St. Petersburg, Fla., GT, Orbit Racing Porsche GT3 R - 396 laps.
4. (43) Peter Baron, San Mateo, Calif.; Leo Hindery, Hillsborough, Calif.; Kyle Petty, Randleman, N.C., Mike Borkowski, Scottsdale, Ariz., GT, Orbit Racing Porsche GT3 R - 390 laps
5. (40) Brady Refenning, Stuart, Fla.; Carlos De Quesado, Miami, Fla, Catesby Jones, Hillsboro Beach, Fla., Jake Vargo, Memphis, TN, GT, Alegra Motorsports BMW M3 - 387
6. (24) Joao Barbosa, Portugal; Thierry Perrier, France, Michel Neugarten, Monaco, GT, Perspective Racing Mosler MT900R - 387 laps.