Your weekly dose of top 10 photos from around the world, shot by the award-winning Motorsport.com photographers.
Welcome to this week's top 10 photos chosen by our own photo editors. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did selecting these photos. And remember that you can write your own comments when you click on an image and bring up the photo viewer page.
Express yourself and let us know what you think!
10. Joey Logano does a burnout on Watkins Glen's front straight. This is before he caught his rear tire on fire.
9. A cool venue for a V8 Supercars demo race (between only 5 cars). But hopefully this will become an actual event on the regular schedule next year.
8. Single seaters don't fly well.
7. The graphic impact of this image appeals to us. The tire marks, the kerbing, contrasted with the bright red/orange of the Hondas. Visually strong (and isn't that the point after all?)
6. The through-the-trees shot at Road America. Made even better with the reflections of the lights in the rain. We've heard the trees are growing at such a rate, someone will have to prune those branches back soon or else this shot will be gone. And that would make us sad.
5. This is an exemplary Victory Lane shot. Rarely do these highly planned "made for TV" celebrations go this well. Road America's VL is pretty nice by most standards, set in a lush part of the Wisconsin forest next to the track. The car is perfectly positioned, a pop of flash, and the crew guys actually participating and paying attention (not always the case). The stars aligned on this one. It's not an amazing shot, but the inner photographer in us feels a little bit redeemed following race after race of imperfect VL celebrations across all series.
4. We don't care who you are, this is sexy. Your 5-second grid girl interlude.
3. Every race, from the smallest club race to F1, should always be run at dusk. No exceptions.
2. A different look at the precise moment before the green light for the MotoGP Indianapolis Grand Prix. There are few pit buildings/landmarks that are as photogenic as that Pagoda.
1. Fireworks (giant sparklers?) at dusk for the final at the Canadian World RX round? Yes please. The folks at GP3R know how to do it. Guaranteed photo op.