Welcome to this week's top 10 photos chosen by our own photo editors. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did selecting those photos. And remember that you can write your own comments when you click on those photos and bring up the photo viewer page.
Express yourself and let us know what you think!
10. We like this photo for the bookends more than the winner himself...(congratulations Ryan Hunter-Reay nonetheless).
9. We're not quite sure why we like this image so much. It could be the repetitive nature, the colors, the Audi R8 LMS ultra in all its splendor. Call us superficial on this one, we can take it.
8. Sonoma wine country and a Ferrari F458. A great combo.
7. Good pit action is good pit action, no matter the series. It's when man and machine really come together during a race.
6. Not all NASCAR drivers give up good emotion in victory lane, or even turn the right way for photographers (looking at you Brad Keselowski), so we appreciate drivers like Joey Logano who even has a "trademark" for VL: get out of the car holding the steering wheel. Maybe a little goofy, but it works.
5. A nice scene-setter for a fantastic venue in an unlikely place - Birmingham, Ala. The grounds are meticulously kept, creepy sculptures are scattered around (giant spiders, bugs eating a 'driver'), and Barber Motorsports Park is home to one of the best motorcycle museums this side of the Atlantic.
4. This is about as good a representation of the chaos that reigns during the start of a motorcycle race without having something flipping end over end.
3. Anyone who is a regular viewer of the site will know we are huge fans of the Nordschleife. We cover the VLN (the endurance racing series that runs exclusively there), travel every year to photograph the 24 Hours of the Nürburgring and adamantly prescribe to the Save the Ring group (look it up if you don't know what we're saying here). So, this is for all you 'ring lovers out there. Take it as a preview for the stunning photographs we'll provide in June for the 24 Hours.
2. We love pictures with emotion, especially when the MotoGP boys climb the pitwall to congratulate their young phenom for winning yet another race this season, this time in Argentina.
1. Everything about this image is right (unless you're not a fan of RHR winning). From the nicely timed and crossed checkered flags to the Birmingham, Alabama sign (giving a sense of place and adds to the photo) to the winning driver's fist in the air. Well done on this finish shot from Barber Motorsports Park.