Your weekly dose of top 10 photos from around the world, shot by the award-winning Motorsport.com photographers. This week we look at the best WEC photos from this year.
Welcome to this week's top 10 photos from the world of WEC and Le Mans chosen by our own photo editors. With nearly 4,000 World Endurance Championship images from 2014, it's by no means an exhaustive list, just some highlights.
10. The new classic group photo ahead of every year's 24 Hours of Le Mans.
9. We'll be honest: this shot looks soooo much better with a sexy-looking LMP1, rather than a phallic-looking F1. That's just our aesthetics though...
8. And speaking of good looks. This higher/rear angle on the Toyota at Interlagos during the 6 Hours of Sao Paulo is quite arresting. Really shows off the aero details and solutions for maximum efficiency.
7. If a pan (the most overused technique in motor racing history) is going to make this top 10 list, it's going to be this one. Very cool light reflections off the Bahrain rocks at night to really enhance the background. Bonus points for being detailed enough to see the driver at work in the cockpit.
6. After 22 hours of racing, the Porsche boys (and LMP1 in general) were still hard at it during the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Hopping the kerbs at the Ford Chicane is not often advised but these drivers weren't listening.
5. Roaring down the run from Mulsanne Corner to Indianapolis. This should be on every race fan's bucket list.
4. Another classic. Post-race at Le Mans used to be mayhem. It's a lot better these days. More like "slighly controlled mayhem."
3. Sunrise over the crest at the Dunlop Bridge at Le Mans.
2. SPARKS! 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps. Eau Rouge.
1. The now famous image of the CLM Lotus going up in flames at Fuji.