Daytona International Speedway finalizing preparations for upcoming events.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – After a successful 2014 Rolex 24 At Daytona, Daytona International Speedway is now finalizing its race-ready preparations for Budweiser Speedweeks 2014 and the 56th annual DAYTONA 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Sunday, Feb. 23.
“Our team has worked tirelessly to ensure that the facility continues to operate at a high level for our race fans during this busy and unique time,” said Daytona International Speedway President Joie Chitwood III. “We are certainly excited about the future of Daytona International Speedway, however we are as equally focused on delivering a great experience during our upcoming events.”
Below is a recap of key race-ready activities since the last update in January:
· Installed entrance chutes for ticket gates
· Tested lighting and Digital Antenna System (DAS)
· Relocated merchandise store building pad outside the frontstretch
· Built temporary suite tower lobby and temporary ticketing trailers
· Set up hospitality village and the Budweiser 1876 Club