Things don't get much crazier than that. inherited
Four races, four different winners ... Antonio Felix da Costa has emerged victorious in another spectacular ending to a Formula E ePrix. Nico Prost ended up second and Nelson Piquet Jr. third.
Mid-race, the safety car was called up when Karun Chandhok crashed. Sebastien Buemi dominated until he got crossed up, blowing a corner and damaging the car. Lucas di Grassi inherited the race leader before suffering a suspension failure in curiously the same corner.
Nick Heidfeld took advantage of their misfortune and drove away, but the drama wasn't over yet. With less than three laps remaining, race control revealed that Heidfeld would be penalized for speeding in the pit lane, thus launching Antonio Felix da Costa and the Amlin Aguri team into the top spot.
Action throughout the pack
As he stole the victory, chaos ensued behind him. Jean-Eric Vergne slowed as he tried to defend second place, but came under attack by four rivals. In the enusing battle, Daniel Abt and Jaime Alguersuari collided.
With contact plentiful, the running order got turned on its head in the final moments. Behind the podium finishers, a wounded Alguersuari finished fourth and Bruno Senna fifth. Vergne dropped down to sixth, followed by Sam Bird, Salvador Duran, Nick Heidfeld, and Oriol Servia.
Despite falling out of the race, di Grassi remains in control of the championship with a ten point margin over Bird and 15 over Buemi.
FIA Formula E Championship – Buenos Aires ePrix (Rd 4) – Race results
1. Antonio Felix da Costa, Amlin Aguri, 48:52.100
2. Nicolas Prost, e.dams-Renault, +5.354s
3. Nelson Piquet Jr, China Racing, +8.552s
4. Jaime Alguersuari, Virgin Racing, +11.148s
5. Bruno Senna, Mahindra Racing, +11.535s
6. Jean-Eric Vergne, Andretti, +11.535s
7. Sam Bird, Virgin Racing, +13.617s
8. Salvador Duran, Amlin Aguri, +14.724s
9. Nick Heidfeld, Venturi, +15.464s
10. Oriol Servia, Dragon Racing, +19.334s
11. Stephane Sarrazin, Venturi, +28.973s
12. Ho-Pin Tung, China Racing, +37.858s
13. Marco Andretti, Andretti,+1 lap
14. Daniel Abt, Audi Sport ABT, +2 laps
15. Jerome d’Ambrosio, Dragon Racing, +2 laps
16. Jarno Trulli, Trulli, DNF
17. Lucas di Grassi, Audi Sport ABT, DNF
18. Sebastien Buemi, e.dams-Renault, DNF
19. Michela Cerruti, Trulli, DNF
20. Karun Chandhok, Mahindra Racing, DNF