Webber will not replace ousted manager Briatore

Mark Webber on Thursday said he has no plans to go on the market for a new driver manager. At the end of the Renault crash-gate scandal, the World Motor Sport Council earlier this week banned Flavio Briatore for life and said drivers under his...

Mark Webber on Thursday said he has no plans to go on the market for a new driver manager.

At the end of the Renault crash-gate scandal, the World Motor Sport Council earlier this week banned Flavio Briatore for life and said drivers under his control will no longer be offered the mandatory Superlicence credential.

Alongside figures including Fernando Alonso and Heikki Kovalainen, Australian Webber is contracted to Briatore's management firm FFBB.

The 32-year-old, who drives for Red Bull, must now sever those ties before the next Superlicences are issued early in 2010, but indicated he will now handle his own affairs.

"I've had Flavio looking after me for 11 years I have never looked at the contract from the day I signed it, and there's not many other people in the paddock you could say that about," Webber told reporters in Singapore.

"I won't work with anyone else in the future if I can't work with him," Webber, whose career is also managed by his partner Ann, added.

Be part of something big

Write a comment
Show comments
About this article
Series Formula 1
Drivers Mark Webber , Fernando Alonso , Flavio Briatore , Heikki Kovalainen