Michael Schumacher on Thursday swiftly dismissed rumours he is considering returning to retirement at the end of the 2010 season.

Given the seven time world champion's disappointing return to Formula One this year, the latest rumours had been spurred on by Eddie Jordan, who said he sensed a flurry of paddock activity at Monza relating to a race cockpit possibly opening up at Mercedes.

But 41-year-old Schumacher's spokeswoman Sabine Kehm dismissed that speculation, and the German driver was asked personally about the rumours in the floodlit Singapore paddock on Thursday night.

"You won't get rid of me that easily!" he jokingly hit back at the local Asian reporter's question, according to the German news agency SID.

Indeed, he said the Brackley based team has now completely switched its focus to 2011, and that he has been involved in "every detail" of the W01 car's successor.

"The focus of the 2011 car is now 100 per cent," said the record winner of 91 Grands Prix. "There will be no more development steps with the 2010 car, even if I think some good results are possible," revealed Schumacher.

He is already signed up for the 2011 and 2012 seasons.

"Our goal is the world championship -- and the sooner the better," said the former Ferrari driver.

"But we are in a process; we are not magicians," added Schumacher. "But we have already started our process, while the teams fighting for the (2010) world are somewhat further behind.

"We are hoping for a small head start for 2011," he said.