Ross Brawn on Thursday played down reports connecting him with a return to Formula One.
With his old boss Luca di Montezemolo stepping down at Ferrari, rumours have resurfaced that the next management shuffle at Maranello could feature an F1 comeback for Brawn.
Most recently, the 59-year-old was the team boss at Mercedes, but currently he is enjoying retirement, including travelling with friends and indulging his passion for fly fishing.
"I am living a very different life this year," Briton Brawn told Germany's Auto Motor und Sport, "and it feels good.
"I am determined not to return to a full-time job."
Since there are no discussions, I have no thoughts in this direction.
That, however, doesn't mean Ferrari isn't trying to lure him back.
Just days ago, Ferrari chief Marco Mattiacci said he enjoyed meeting briefly with Brawn during his private visit to Maranello earlier this year.
But Brawn insists: "I think at the moment I don't have a role at Ferrari or anywhere else.
"My visit to Maranello in May was purely of a private nature. We talked a little about 'what if' but nothing serious," he said.
"Since there are no discussions, I have no thoughts in this direction," Brawn added.
He also said the shakeup at his formerly ultra-successful team Ferrari, including the inexperienced Mattiacci's elevation to the top job, changes nothing.
"You have to give Marco Mattiacci the time to prove what he can do.
"I am not in contact with Ferrari and I am not actively looking for a new role in Formula One.
"Never say never, because you never know what options are going to arise, but at the moment I am pursuing some interests outside of the sport that I never had the time to do before," Brawn added.