Barcelona Test - Day Three
Date Friday 11 March 2011
Track Circuit de Catalunya
Driver Michael Schumacher / Nico Rosberg
No of Laps 67 laps / 22 laps
Best Lap Time 1:21.268 / 1:21.788
Kms Covered 312 kms / 102 kms
Track Length 4.655 kms
Michael Schumacher completed the majority of the MERCEDES GP PETRONAS team's programme in Barcelona today on the third day of this week's test, with Nico Rosberg taking over for the final hour of the day.
- The team added further new aerodynamic parts to its upgrade package
- Michael's programme focused on aerodynamic evaluations and qualifying exercises
- He set the fastest time of the day, 1:21.268, during a qualifying simulation
- Nico took over the car at 16:00hrs to experience the new developments on a dry track, ahead of expected rain tomorrow
- Michael and Nico completed 89 laps between them, taking the team's pre-season mileage to 5596 kms
The team plan for both Michael and Nico to drive during the fourth and final day of the test tomorrow.
Michael Schumacher: "We have been developing the car step-by-step this week with new parts arriving each day. So our focus today has been on understanding how to get the best from the car now that it is pretty much in its final configuration for the first time. The car has behaved as we expected and it's been a very productive day. We completed our programme and I should also be able to get some experience of the expected wet conditions tomorrow."
Nico Rosberg: "First of all, it's super that I was able to do some laps today, given the forecast for tomorrow. It was a good few laps, and obviously now that we have most of the developments for the car, it was handling much better and I had a good feeling. So I'm pretty pleased with the situation and would like to thank the whole team for getting everything onto the car that we wanted. We've made good progress over the winter."