F1

Malaysia not committed to F1 beyond 2015

234 views

Mar.22 (GMM) Malaysia is not yet committing its future to the Formula One calendar beyond its 2015 deal.

Sepang was Hermann Tilke's first full creation that made its Grand Prix debut in 1999.

But Razlan Razali, the Kuala Lumpur circuit's chief executive, said on Wednesday he is unable to say if there will be a race in 2016.

"We can recommend all we want, but as (the) prime minister announced last year, the decision will be made by the cabinet," he told the New Straits Times.

Sepang commissioned consultants PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) last year to study the economic impact of the Malaysian Grand Prix.

"PWC advised us to have another study on this year's event," revealed Razali.

He also pointed some criticism at the lack of enthusiasm from some parts of the government, particularly when it comes to promoting the annual race.

"Not all ministries seem interested," Razlan admitted.

Write a comment
Show comments
About this article
Series F1
Tags ferrari, mclaren, mercedes, red bull, sepang

User photos

devilwoman
F1

devilwoman

1 photos
stirlingf18
F1

stirlingf18

1 photos
erikjunius
F1

erikjunius

37 photos
EuroRacer
F1

EuroRacer

21 photos
SurdinP
F1

SurdinP

1 photos
max
F1

max

29 photos
ADLITIKA
F1

ADLITIKA

213 photos
Upload photo