Michael Schumacher's first Formula One team boss remains unimpressed with his 2010 return.
Eddie Jordan, who gave the then young pay-driver Schumacher his first cockpit in 1991, has been among the 41-year-old German's staunchest critics so far this season.
But in Singapore the former team owner ramped up his attack.
After Schumacher's incident-strewn race to finish 13th and a lap down, Jordan - now a pundit for British television - told the BBC: "Let's ask this question.
"If Michael Schumacher was not Michael Schumacher, driving as he is currently, would he be in the seat next year?
"My guess is no," the Irishman said.
"I'm sorry, I'm going to be controversial this time," Jordan continued. "I would sack him, he's clearly not good enough on this performance we've seen today (Sunday)."
He said Schumacher is risking his "legacy and his reputation" by struggling this year at the wheel of a Mercedes.
Schumacher is under contract for the next two seasons, but there are rumours he might move into a management role for 2011, to be replaced by countryman Adrian Sutil.
"I was very surprised when I heard about Michael's return," Fernando Alonso, who beat Schumacher to the title before the German originally retired in 2006, told German language spox.com.
"He could be relaxing at home. But our life in racing is so intense that it's difficult to lead a normal life," added the Ferrari driver.
"So if you get the chance to try it again, then it's hard to say no," Alonso said.
Asked where he will be in his 40s, the double world champion insisted: "I will be sitting comfortably on my sofa!"