F1

Manager denies Kubica won't return in 2011

211 views

By: GMM

Robert Kubica's manager has hit out at Gerard Lopez's claim that the injured Pole will definitely not return to Formula One in 2011.

Robert Kubica, Lotus Renault GP, Gerard Lopez, Lotus Renault GP owner and Eric Boullier, Team Principal, Lotus Renault GP
Robert Kubica, Lotus Renault GP, Gerard Lopez, Lotus Renault GP owner and Eric Boullier, Team Principal, Lotus Renault GP

Photo by: xpb.cc

Lopez, head of the Renault team's owner Genii Capital, told Spanish radio last week that while the 26-year-old definitely will not race this year, he might appear in a Friday practice session.

"What Lopez said is not corresponding with the information that we have," Kubica's manager Daniele Morelli told the BBC. "There is no basis to make such a statement.

"To give a Friday session to Robert is the minimum that the team should give to support its driver. It looks to me kind of an insufficient proposal," he added.

"When Robert is back, he will be back because he will be capable of doing what he did the day before the accident."

What Lopez said is not corresponding with the information that we have

Daniele Morelli

Morelli said there is "no concern" that Kubica, whose right wrist was the most badly injured in his February rally crash, will not recover eventually.

"If the trend keeps going like it is now the doctors think that Robert can start his training programme at the end of July to rebuild his normal conditions," he revealed.

Write a comment
Show comments
About this article
Series F1
Tags kubica, lopez, morelli, renault

User photos

erikjunius
F1

erikjunius

37 photos
EuroRacer
F1

EuroRacer

21 photos
SurdinP
F1

SurdinP

1 photos
max
F1

max

29 photos
ADLITIKA
F1

ADLITIKA

213 photos
Kevin_Bennett_Photo
F1

Kevin_Bennett_Photo

139 photos
PiBiPhoto
F1

PiBiPhoto

47 photos
Upload photo