Franz Tost has confirmed reports that French youngster Jean-Eric Vergne is set to rev up his Formula One career with Toro Rosso.
It emerged earlier this weekend that the 21-year-old is set to drive the STR6 on Friday mornings once the Renault World Series wraps up in October.
Alongside Daniel Ricciardo, Vergne is the new cream of Red Bull's driver development programme, putting pressure on the current Toro Rosso lineup comprising Jaime Alguersuari and Sebastien Buemi.
The second Red Bull team's boss Tost confirmed Vergne's forthcoming Friday programme to autohebdo.fr.
"It's a chance for him to come on board to develop his experience of F1, to know our team, to work with the press, gain knowledge of the technical aspects -- everything he needs to know about being a Formula One driver," said the Austrian.
It's a chance for him to come on board to develop his experience of F1
Red Bull will not decide Toro Rosso's 2012 driver lineup until after the current season.
"We will only decide who is driving with Toro Rosso next year after this season," confirmed consultant Dr Helmut Marko to the Swiss newspaper Blick.
Meanwhile, Romain Grosjean on Saturday moved another step towards his return to Formula One by sealing the GP2 title at Spa-Francorchamps.
"Now that we are champions, I will have a look at what is going on upstairs (F1), but at the moment, my main concern is to find a good contract for 2012 and nothing else," he said.