Global Motorsport Media
HRT on Saturday announced that it will be Vitantonio Liuzzi who sits out next weekend's Indian Grand Prix.
The Spanish team had already said Indian Narain Karthikeyan would return to the grid for his country's inaugural Formula One race.
It was believed that Australian Daniel Ricciardo, who earlier this year replaced Karthikeyan due to a deal struck between HRT and Red Bull, would sit out India.
Liuzzi's manager said in September that the Italian has a firm contract for every race in 2011, with Ricciardo conceding that "at least I will be driving in the practice session".
But HRT announced on Saturday: "Daniel Ricciardo will pair with the 34-year-old Indian driver for this single event."
I have to thank Tonio for his professional approach and attitude
Team boss Colin Kolles explained: "I have asked Tonio Liuzzi to step aside for the Indian GP in order to allow driving programmes with Ricciardo and Karthikeyan to be completed.
"I have to thank Tonio for his professional approach and attitude."