Crisis moves towards solution in Monaco

No solutions were found after nearly seven hours of meetings on Friday, but it seems progress was made to end arguably the most serious crisis in the history of Formula One. FOTA chairman Luca di Montezemolo called the Monaco ...

No solutions were found after nearly seven hours of meetings on Friday, but it seems progress was made to end arguably the most serious crisis in the history of Formula One.

FOTA chairman Luca di Montezemolo called the Monaco meetings "productive", and more of the same - involving both the angry F1 teams and the forceful FIA president Max Mosley - are scheduled for Saturday.

Most team representatives filed out of the Mosley meeting at the Automobile Club de Monaco without commenting, but Brawn CEO Nick Fry said he believes that "good progress" was made.

"Proposals were made on both sides and common ground was found," said the Briton.

Fry added that he believes the dispute can be settled by the end of this weekend, while Mosley told reporters that the meeting had been "constructive".

The FIA president also said he is "always hopeful and confident there will be an agreement".

Meanwhile, it emerges that F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone walked out of the initial teams' meeting, which was staged on Flavio Briatore's yacht, long before it was concluded.

Be part of something big

Write a comment
Show comments
About this article
Series Formula 1
Drivers Luca di Montezemolo , Flavio Briatore , Nick Fry , Bernie Ecclestone