Coulthard says Red Bull/KERS move unlikely

David Coulthard on Saturday played down rumours Red Bull Racing might be considering imminently adding a KERS system to its RB5 car. "My view is that they will not be introducing it this season," the former Grand Prix winner, who remains the ...

David Coulthard on Saturday played down rumours Red Bull Racing might be considering imminently adding a KERS system to its RB5 car.

"My view is that they will not be introducing it this season," the former Grand Prix winner, who remains the Milton Keynes-based team's reserve driver and a consultant, said from Valencia.

A report in the German press, meanwhile, quoted both team boss Christian Horner and driver Sebastian Vettel as saying Red Bull will not be using KERS at the forthcoming Belgian Grand Prix.

Meanwhile, 38-year-old Coulthard was critical of the similarly-aged Luca Badoer on Saturday after the Italian qualified dead last and was off the pace at the wheel of injured Felipe Massa's Ferrari.

Williams' Nico Rosberg suggested the veteran Scot would have been a better choice for the Maranello based squad.

"I believe I could have done a better job than Luca Badoer," Coulthard wrote in his column for the BBC.

"If I had had a serious opportunity to do it then I'm sure Red Bull would have let me go -- but Ferrari have been looking internally so far," he added.

Be part of something big

Write a comment
Show comments
About this article
Series Formula 1
Drivers Luca Badoer , David Coulthard , Felipe Massa , Nico Rosberg , Sebastian Vettel
Teams Ferrari , Red Bull Racing , Williams