Boss leaves 2014 F1 track Red Bull-Ring

2,345 views

According to Kleine Zeitung newspaper, Walter Kafitz has left "with immediate effect".

Sep.18 (GMM) Worrying news emerged from the Austrian Grand Prix project on Wednesday -- Walter Kafitz has left the Red Bull-Ring.

The former Nurburgring chief came on board early last year, and was believed instrumental in the rebuilt and now Red Bull-owned circuit's return to the F1 calendar for 2014.

But Kleine Zeitung newspaper reports that Kafitz, 62, has left "with immediate effect". The news was reportedly confirmed by the company.

The Austrian report insisted, however, that "Preparations for the Formula One race are not affected".

Kafitz was earlier caught up in the Nurburgring's calamitous financial situation, but Kleine Zeitung said that is not the reason for his departure in Austria.

But "Red Bull gave no information, nor on his succession," said the report.

Kafitz did not comment.

Write a comment
Show comments
About this article
Series F1
Article type Breaking news
Tags austrian grand prix, f1, gmm, nurburgring, red bull ring, walter kafitz

User photos

EuroRacer
F1

EuroRacer

27 photos
darkcloud154
F1

darkcloud154

22 photos
Renato Marques
F1

Renato Marques

5 photos
devilwoman
F1

devilwoman

1 photos
stirlingf18
F1

stirlingf18

1 photos
erikjunius
F1

erikjunius

37 photos
SurdinP
F1

SurdinP

1 photos
Upload photo