Alonso says he is 'completely fine'

Fernando Alonso says he is "completely fine" after his accident during testing, the Spaniard speaking in public for the first time since the crash.

The McLaren driver was released from hospital on Wednesday after three nights there following his heavy crash during the final day of last week's test at Barcelona.

Although there will be no official confirmation that he will race in the Australian Grand Prix until he passes the mandatory FIA tests, Alonso said on Friday that was he perfectly okay.

"As you can see, I'm completely fine," Alonso said on his recently-launched Youtube channel.

"I would like to be in the test this week in Barcelona, but the doctors' recommendations are to wait a little bit, a couple of days.

"I will rest this weekend and keep you updated next week with the progress and see you very soon on the track and thanks for all the support."

 

Be part of something big

Write a comment
Show comments
About this article
Series Formula 1
Drivers Fernando Alonso
Teams McLaren
Article type Breaking news
Tags , alonso, crash