Bruno Spengler third ahead of Paul Di Resta and Jamie Green Ralf Schumacher best 2007 C-Class driver in 10th place * Bruno Spengler (Mercedes-Benz Bank AMG C-Class) finished the second round of the 2008 DTM in Oschersleben in third place...
Bruno Spengler third ahead of Paul Di Resta and Jamie Green
Ralf Schumacher best 2007 C-Class driver in 10th place
* Bruno Spengler (Mercedes-Benz Bank AMG C-Class) finished the second round of the 2008 DTM in Oschersleben in third place and was the best C-Class driver. His HWA team mates Paul Di Resta (AMG Mercedes C-Class) and Jamie Green (Salzgitter AMG Mercedes C-Class) came home fourth and fifth respectively.
* After 44 laps and a Safety Car period in the closing stages, Spengler ended up 3.751sec behind winner Timo Scheider (Audi) and 2.299sec behind Martin Tomczyk (Audi).
* In his second DTM race, Ralf Schumacher (Trilux AMG Mercedes C-Class) finished 10th and was the best driver with a 2007 C-Class. He came home less than two seconds behind the last points place (eighth).
* Last year's winner Gary Paffett (stern AMG Mercedes C-Class) and Bernd Schneider (Genuine Parts AMG Mercedes C-Class) ended up 11th and 12th respectively; both had received drive-through penalties which prevented them from finishing in the points.
* The other C-Class drivers: Mathias Lauda (Pixum AMG Mercedes C-Class) was 13th ahead of Susie Stoddart (TV Spielfilm AMG Mercedes C-Class). DTM rookie Maro Engel (JungeSterne AMG Mercedes C-Class) retired due to an accident without his own fault when his C-Class was hit by Tom Kristensen's Audi.
* A crowd of 64,000 attended the second round of the 2008 season during the weekend.
Finish (lap 44): Bruno Spengler finished third; Paul Di Resta came home fourth followed by Jamie Green. Ralf Schumacher was the best Mercedes-Benz driver with a last year's car and ended up 10th.
Bruno Spengler (2008 Mercedes-Benz Bank AMG C-Class), third: "I am reasonably happy. I wanted to finish on the podium and I did. Starting fifth the third place is not a bad result. Maybe I could have done a bit better after the re-start, but I didn't want to take chances and come home third. I thank my team; everybody worked hard and long during this week after Hockenheim and they did everything possible in this short period."
Paul Di Resta (2008 AMG Mercedes C-Class), fourth: "Not an easy race. I had planned to score points and I was able to do so."
Jamie Green (2008 Salzgitter AMG Mercedes C-Class), fifth: "This was a difficult race and particularly the fight with Markus Winkelhock in the end was really demanding. I gave it my all and moved up from seventh on the grid to fifth. After being touched at the rear my car was damaged and therefore lacked real performance."
Ralf Schumacher (2007 Trilux AMG Mercedes C-Class), 10th: "10th place is a solid result for my second DTM race and I think that also the spectators enjoyed it. In the beginning, my speed was not so good, but then I came to grips with the car better and better and improved. After the re-start I had a problem at the front axle, but I managed to keep Gary and Bernd behind me."
Gary Paffett (2007 stern AMG Mercedes C-Class), 11th: "The car was fine and I had a good speed. I was unlucky with the manoeuvre in the pits -- I just didn't see the other car. Without the drive-through penalty I would have scored points today, like in Hockenheim."
Bernd Schneider (2008 Genuine Parts AMG Mercedes C-Class), 12th: "I wasn't happy throughout the weekend. The jump-start today was my fault. Afterwards I tried to get the maximum out of my car. Without my mistake I certainly had scored some points."
Mathias Lauda (2007 Pixum AMG Mercedes C-Class), 13th: "I made a good start and moved up to 11th at the first corner, but in turn two there was not enough room and I had an incident which misaligned the tracking of my car. Therefore I suffered from understeer throughout and wasn't able to improve."
Susie Stoddart (2007 TV-Spielfilm AMG Mercedes C-Class), 14th: "I was involved in an first-corner incident which damaged my car and in the consequence I suffered from understeer. However, I was able to impove slightly after my 16th place in Hockenheim and I want to do better again in Mugello in two weeks."
Maro Engel (2007 JungeSterne AMG Mercedes C-Class), retired due to an accident without own fault: "Until the accident with Tom Kristensen it was quite a good race, a finish in the top ten was possible."
Norbert Haug, Vice President Mercedes-Benz Motorsport: "Positions three, four and five by Bruno, Paul and Jamie are not really a great result; however, it is a better finish in a significantly more interesting race than in Hockenheim a week ago. We wanted to score as many points as possible here, and starting fifth, sixth and seventh we did this quite well. Eight of our nine cars finished among the first 14 places, which was an acceptable team performance considering our positions in qualifying. With his 10th place, Ralf Schumacher showed a solid performance. Congratulations to Timo Scheider in his Abt-Audi on his first win in the DTM, he deserved it. We now have to significantly improve further and everybody will work very hard to achieve this."
-credit: mercedes-benz motorsports