Gary Paffett will be looking to make a good start in the second half of the DTM season after a disappointing end to the last race in Norisring.
However, a drive-through penalty and then contact with two laps to go brought a premature ending to his day.
Paffett now sits fourth in the championship standings with 47 points, just 22 points away from first.
- Paffett is in his 10th DTM season with Mercedes-Benz.
- In 2005, Paffett won the DTM Championship and has been runner-up three times since.
- DTM will be making its debut at Moscow Raceway this weekend.
- In five previous races this season, Paffett has qualified in the top-10 four times with a best starting position of second at Lausitzring. He has finished in the top-10 four times with one podium, a victory also at Lausitzring.
- Paffett, 32, currently resides in Suffolk, UK.