All five Speedbrain representatives had to cope with a lot of traffic and dust.
The Speedbrain customer team delivered a steady and controlled performance at the opening of the Rally Dakar 2014. The riders who are looked after by the Bavarian rally squad could position themselves well for the coming 12 stages.
The first special test was twisty and dangerous. The riders had to be focused on a day that proved more selective than anticipated. It was a matter of avoiding a crash and not risking too much. The Speedbrain team handled the task very well.
Alessandro Botturi: "The special stage began with a high pace. I had to make passes and eat a lot of dust. The second part was more like Enduro, tight and dangerous. I didn´t want to risk anything and made no mistakes other than a small one. It was a very good day."
Monday provides another long stage for the field. The order of the day: over 700 km total distance, almost 360 km of them forming the special stage. The final part is leading through sandy terrain.
Provisional Results Stage 1:
1. Joan Barreda (ESP, Honda) 2:25:31 hrs
2. Marc Coma (ESP, KTM) +00:00:37
3. Cyril Despres (FRA, Yamaha) +00:01:40
4. Alain Duclos (FRA, Sherco) +00:01:56
5. Paulo Goncalves (PRT, Honda) +00:02:25
6. Francisco Lopez (CHL, KTM) +00:03:24
7. Juan Pedrero Garcia (ESP, Sherco) +00:03:47
8. Sam Sunderland (GBR, Honda) +00:04:33
9. Michael Metge (FRA, Yamaha) +00:04:33
10. Alessandro Botturi (ITA, Speedbrain) +00:04:48