Target, CGRFS and BCRF Team Up in the Fight Against Breast Cancer CONCORD, N.C. (September 29, 2005) ---In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Target, Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) and Casey Mears will team up once again...
Target, CGRFS and BCRF Team Up in the Fight Against Breast Cancer
CONCORD, N.C. (September 29, 2005) ---In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Target, Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) and Casey Mears will team up once again to promote breast cancer awareness to racing fans across the country. The No. 41 Target Dodge will sport a special pink paint scheme for the second year in a row that will carry the logo of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). Mears will take the helm of the pink Dodge Charger for five NASCAR NEXTEL Cup races in October: Talladega Superspeedway (October 2), Kansas Speedway (October 9), Lowe's Motor Speedway (October 15), Martinsville Speedway (October 23) and Atlanta Motor Speedway (October 30).
"It's great to know that we have the opportunity to make a difference in so many lives and help The Breast Cancer Research Foundation," said Mears. "Last year I didn't know what to think about driving a pink car, now I can't wait to race it. I was touched by so many stories that fans shared with me last year, that it is an honor to be part of Target's initiative again to raise awareness and money for a foundation that will ultimately save lives."
* There are 30 million female NASCAR fans in the United States, and according to the most recent statistics, the chances of a woman having invasive breast cancer during her lifetime is about one in seven. Therefore, over four million of NASCAR's female fans may be affected by breast cancer in their lifetime.
* Mears will auction his one-of-a-kind BCRF helmet designed and donated by Troy Lee Designs on eBay with all of the proceeds going directly to BCRF. Mears will be wearing this special helmet in all five races in October. The bidding will run from October 1 through the end of month.
* Target and Action Performance have created a diecast replica of the pink No. 41 Target Dodge, as well as special Target/BCRF t-shirts and hats. These items will be sold online, at the Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates shop and at Mears' trackside trailer. Target, Action, CGRFS and Mears have all agreed to donate the profits from the sale of these items to the BCRF.
* Target will unveil, for the second consecutive year, an exclusive line of pink-themed products.
The collection includes everything from polo shirts and cashmere flip-flops to a game set and photo frame key chain. One hundred percent of the net profits benefit The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). The pink product collection will be available online at www.target.com/breastcancer with select items available in stores starting October 1 through October 31. Prices range from $1.00 to $30.00.
* The mission of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation is to achieve prevention and a cure for breast cancer in this lifetime by providing critical funding for innovative clinical and genetic research at leading medical centers worldwide, and increasing public awareness about good breast health. For more information about BCRF visit www.bcrfcure.org.
* In addition to the pink No. 41 Target Dodge, Mears' Target Chip Ganassi Racing counterpart Scott Dixon will also be driving a special paint scheme in the Indy Racing League's season finale at California Speedway on October 16.