Infineon Raceway Kicks Off 8th Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive SONOMA, Calif. (Oct. 29, 2008) -- Infineon Raceway will again join forces with the public this holiday season for its 8th annual Thanksgiving Food Drive, Nov. 3-21. These...
Infineon Raceway Kicks Off 8th Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive
SONOMA, Calif. (Oct. 29, 2008) -- Infineon Raceway will again join forces with the public this holiday season for its 8th annual Thanksgiving Food Drive, Nov. 3-21.
These are incredibly difficult times, making this year's drive extremely important -- all of the non-perishable food items collected will be given to the Committee on the Shelterless (COTS) in Petaluma and Friends in Sonoma Helping (FISH) in Sonoma. The annual food drive has generated more than 11,000 pounds of food since its inception in 2000, including 2,300 pounds in 2007.
Through the generosity of the public, Infineon Raceway hopes to at least match the number from 2007.
"This year we're really feeling the impact of the economy, especially now," said Elizabeth Hale, director of food programs for COTS. "Last year we set a limit of 280 boxes per week, but the need was growing so fast we had to find a way to continue to support that. We're now up to more than 400 boxes each week."
Those who would like to participate in the food drive can drop off non-perishable food items to the following locations:
* Petaluma Chamber of Commerce, 6 Petaluma Blvd., Suite A-2, (707) 762-2785 or www.petalumachamber.com.
* Petaluma Fire Department, 198 D Street, (707) 778-4390, www.cityofpetaluma.net.
* Adobe Road Winery and The Racer's Group, 1995 S. McDowell Blvd., Petaluma, (707) 939-7967, www.theracersgroup.com.
* Mary's Pizza Shack restaurant locations in Sonoma, Boyes Hot Springs, Petaluma and Novato, www.maryspizzashack.com.
* Destination RKA, 930 Shiloh Rd, Bldg 41-C, Windsor, (707) 836-7659. www.rka-luggage.com.
* Infineon Raceway, 29355 Arnold Dr., Sonoma, CA 95476. 800-870-RACE or www.infineonraceway.com.
* Food items can also mailed to: Jennifer Imbimbo, Infineon Raceway, Highways 37 and 121, Sonoma, CA, 95476.
"We just like giving back to the community," said Mike Haberski, Petaluma Fire Department Battalion Chief. "We are open 24 hours a day, so we're a perfect donation spot, and we are a safe haven in the community, so everyone is welcome."
In 2007 alone, the Committee on the Shelterless (COTS) in Petaluma served more than 102,000 meals through their Petaluma Kitchen and delivered more than 500,000 pounds of food. If you would like to contact COTS directly, call (707) 778-6380 or visit www.cots-homeless.org. FISH has been helping Sonoma Valley residents in times of need since 1970. In addition to food, FISH also aids families in need of clothes and rental assistance. For more information, call (707) 996-0111.
For more information on the food drive, please contact Jennifer Imbimbo at (707) 933-3981 or firstname.lastname@example.org.