Auto Trader British Touring Car Championship 2000 Rounds 21/22 - Oulton Park, September 9/10 Races - Sunday, September 10 Â· Weather: overcast but dry. Â· Vectra of Plato carrying 20kg success ballast after third place at...
Auto Trader British Touring Car Championship 2000
Rounds 21/22 - Oulton Park, September 9/10
Races - Sunday, September 10
· Weather: overcast but dry.
· Vectra of Plato carrying 20kg success ballast after third place at Brands Hatch.
SPRINT RACE - (18 laps)
· First lap incident involving Ford's Rickard Rydell on start/finish straight results in Yellow Flag and Safety Car.
· Safety Car brought in at end of lap 4.
· Muller takes third place podium position.
FEATURE RACE - (35 laps)
· Muller gets good start and gains two places on opening lap.
· Pit-stops: Muller - end of lap 6; Plato - lap 7; Radermecker - lap 8.
· Plato gets fastest pit-stop and passes Rydell in pit lane.
· Radermecker comes into pits with engine problems at the end of lap 18 - retires.
· Safety Car comes out on lap 20 for 5 laps following Kristensen's off at Druids.
· Muller takes Plato and Menu on lap 25 to take a third place podium finish.
Yvan Muller, Car 6, Vauxhall Vectra
Sprint - 3rd, Feature - 3rd
"I made a good start in the Sprint Race and kept my wits about me for the rest of the race, taking advantage of every opportunity and here I am on the podium! Another third place in the Feature Race but it was different - I didn't need to be as opportunistic. I made a good start but I was a bit too early with my pit-stop and lost two places. I was behind Jason who was fighting with Menu so I had to be cautious. Then the Safety Car came out and at the re-start, Jason went wide at the first corner and I passed him to go on and take the third place finish."
Jason Plato, Car 5, Vauxhall Vectra
Sprint - 9th, Feature - 4th (Fastest pit-stop)
"I tried my best and was on the back of the car in front like a rash at every corner but my weight made quite a difference on the straights, it was very difficult to challenge for places. Power and weight were crucial, I couldn't get past - what can you do? My Feature Race result was all in the pit-stop, it meant I could go out in front of Rickard Rydell and get a clear run. Unfortunately, I ran wide after the Safety Car period which meant Yvan (Muller) slipped past but on the whole not a bad result."
Vincent Radermecker, Car 8, Vauxhall Vectra
Sprint - 6th, Feature - DNF
"There was certainly lots of action in the Sprint Race, I had to work hard. Alain Menu blocked very well at every corner making it difficult to try to pass. Matt Neal knocked me, and from then on my balance wasn't quite right but on the whole I am pleased with that. The Feature Race was just pure bad luck having to retire with an engine problem. That's the way it goes - but we still have Silverstone to come yet."
2000 Auto Trader British Touring Car Championship Rounds 21/22 - Oulton Park, September 9/10
Sprint Race (18 laps) 1 Anthony Reid Ford 29:12.221 2 Gabriele Tarquini (I) Honda 29:12.908 3 Yvan Muller (F) Vauxhall 29:23.634 4 James Thompson Honda 29:24.190 5 Alain Menu (CH) Ford 29:31.144 6 Vincent Radermecker (B) Vauxhall 29:31.640
Feature race (35 laps) 1 Gabriele Tarquini (I) Honda 54:35.541 2 Anthony Reid Ford 54:39.388 3 Yvan Muller (F) Vauxhall 54:41.849 4 Jason Plato Vauxhall 54:44.687 5 James Thompson Honda 54:45.059 6 Alain Menu (CH) Ford 54:47.820
BTCC Drivers (after 22 rounds): 1 Alain Menu (CH) Ford 193 points 2 Anthony Reid Ford 184 3 Rickard Rydell (S) Ford 165 4 Yvan Muller (F) Vauxhall 162 5 Jason Plato Vauxhall 148 6 Gabriele Tarquini (I) Honda 144
Manufacturers: 1 Ford 513 points 2 Honda 381 3 Vauxhall 379