By Johan Laubscher
The FIA GT Series finale will be held on the streets of Baku in Azerbaijan, with the Baku World Challenge. A grid of thirty cars has been included on the provisional entry list, which has six Audi R8 LMS ultra entries.
Four Audi R8 LMS ultra cars were present at the penultimate FIA GT Series round at Navarra, three cars from WRT and one from Team Novadriver. These four entries will be at Baku and they will be joined by two further entries. Phoenix Racing will be making their return to the series with their #5 Audi R8 LMS ultra, along with a fourth car from WRT. Belgian Audi Club Team WRT is heading to Baku as the leaders in the teams’ title chase and they are guaranteed the drivers’ title, as only their entries are in the running, two titles which will be decided at Baku.
The Baku World Challenge is scheduled to take place from 23-24 November.
Audi team entries on the provisional entry list:
- 5 Phoenix Racing - Audi R8 LMS ultra - Enzo Ide / Markus Winkelhock
- 11 Belgian Audi Club Team WRT - Audi R8 LMS ultra - Stephane Ortelli / Laurens Vanthoor
- 12 Team WRT - Audi R8 LMS ultra - Niki Mayr-Melnhof / René Rast
- 13 Belgian Audi Club Team WRT - Audi R8 LMS ultra - Edward Sandström / Frank Stippler
- 17 Team WRT - Audi R8 LMS ultra - Grégoire Demoustier / Filipe Albuquerque
- 14 Team Novadriver - Audi R8 LMS ultra - Cesar Campanico / Michael Ammermüller
The provisional entry list can be seen HERE.
Photo credit: Audi Sport Communication / Media