WHAT: The Formula USA Flat Track Championship Motorcycles competing on the "Monster" half-mile clay oval.
WHEN: Saturday, September 8, 2001. Gates open at 5:00 pm, with racing beginning at 7:00 pm.
WHERE: Portland Speedway, 9727 N. MLK Jr. Blvd, Portland 97217 (Just East of the Portland Meadows horse track)
SANCTION: Formula USA
PROMOTER: Clear Channel Entertainment
EVENT HOTLINE: Portland Speedway 503-285-9511
ADMISSION: Ticket prices range from $20-$35 for adults and children start at $10. Advance tickets available at all Ticketmaster locations or at participating Harley Davidson Motorcycle dealers.
DIVISIONS: Formula USA National Dirt Track Series Motorcycles
NOTES OF INTERESTS:
· The Formula USA National Dirt Track Series Motorcycles race on dirt and clay tracks all over the country.
- Chris Carr won the inaugural event last at Portland and looks to repeat.
- 17 year old Jennifer Snyder is an up and coming Harley Davidson rider who is turning heads all over the country. The high school student surprised the racing world by winning the opening round of the series this season, making her the first female to ever win in the series.
- Championship night for Portland Speedway's Modifieds, Sportsman, Street Stocks, and Figure 8 cars will be Friday, September 14.
- The final event of the season is the two-day Dirt Stock Car Open presented by NAPA Auto Parts Friday and Saturday, September 21 & 22 featuring the Outlaw Late Model Stock Cars, Modifieds, and Street Stocks. This event will be contest on the "Monster" half-mile clay oval and will feature Outlaw Late Model Dirt Stock Cars from all over the Northwest.