Issued at 21:30 CEST, 26th July 2014
• Racing resumes after 30 of the first 66 laps are run behind the safety car
• Continental GT3 cars continue to slowly climb the standings after the difficult first hour
• M-Sport Bentley moves to double driver stints as the sun sets
• From the low point of sitting in P50 and P55, the two cars now race in P36 and P44.
• Race red-flagged just before 21:30.
Car 7, P36:
• Steven Kane started the fifth hour of the race in P42
• A pace on par with the leaders showed the speed of the Continental GT3, and resulted in Steven climbing to P35 by the end of his double stint as the leaders finished lap 88.
• Guy Smith now in the car as the race enters the night phase.
• Steven Kane: “This race has just been crazy so far. It’s been hard to concentrate and with every safety car we lose loads of tyre temperature, but we’ve managed to climb half-way up the standings and we’ll keep pushing. With all these accidents we’re all just hoping that everyone that’s had an incident is OK.”
Car 8, P44:
• #8 also continues moving up the order after the early unscheduled pit stop.
• By lap 83, Antoine Leclerc had moved his car up to P44. He pitted from that position on lap 90, but remained in the car for a second stint after having received new tyres and a full tank of fuel, and rejoined in the same position.