Issued at 15:30 CEST, 27th July 2014
• One hour left to race for the two Bentley Continental GT3 racers
• Reliability remains good, with neither car having any issues
• Steven Kane and Jérôme D’Ambrosio will complete the race for cars #7 and #8
Car 7, P13:
• As the 23rd hour began, Steven Kane pitted the car from P13 on the lap 478. Guy Smith took the wheel for the penultimate stint, and Guy rejoined the race P13 after just taking on fuel and double-stinting the tires
• Guy has held on to P13 since then, with a comfortable two-lap cushion to P14. Most importantly, Guy sits P9 in class, which will be worth two championship points.
• Guy completed his stint with one hour left to run, and handed the car back to Steven Kane who will finish the race in car #7.
Car 8, P16:
• Jérôme D’Ambrosio is driving car #8, and will do until the end of the race as a triple-stint.
• He pitted on lap 485 for fuel and tyres, and rejoined the race in P17.
As the leaders started their 500th lap, Jérôme was in P16, which he’ll be at least looking to maintain for the race finish.