What: Round 3 of 12- Barber Dodge Pro Series Where: Nazareth Speedway, Nazareth, Pa. When: Sunday, April 9, 2000. Race START-3:30 p.m., 60 Laps Saturday, April 8, 2000- Final Single Car QUALIFYING-4:45 p.m. Who: ...
What: Round 3 of 12- Barber Dodge Pro Series
Where: Nazareth Speedway, Nazareth, Pa.
When: Sunday, April 9, 2000. Race START-3:30 p.m., 60 Laps Saturday, April 8, 2000- Final Single Car QUALIFYING-4:45 p.m.
Who: Twenty-four drivers from seven different countries competing for over $53,000 in prizes and points toward the $300,000 Career Enhancement Award
Brazilian Nilton Rossoni is coming off of two consecutive wins in the first two rounds of the 2000 Barber Dodge Pro Series. The Barber Dodge Pro Series is making it's second consecutive appearance with the CART FedEx Series and its second oval course race of the season.
* Nilton Rossoni of Curitiba, Brazil is seeking his fourth consecutive win (Watkins Glen 10/1/99, Sebring 3/18/00, Homestead 3/25/00) Rossoni is a front runner for the 2000 Barber Dodge Pro Series title.
* Michael Valiante of Vancouver, B.C. and Roger Yasukawa of Santa Monica, Ca. are the 1999 Barber Dodge Pro Series Co-Rookies of the Year. For only the second time in Barber Pro Series history the rookie of the year award, which is valued at $175,000, had to be split between two drivers. Competitors on the track, they are good friends off it. Valiante captured his first pole last weekend at Sebring and finished a career high best 2nd. Yasukawa drove a consistent race to score a 4th place finish.
* The Barber Dodge Pro Series and the United States Air Force are collaborating on a project that places sensors on a drivers head to monitor the six-degrees of movement a driver's head goes through in race conditions. The application will be to better identify the forces exerted on the head and neck during a crash. The results of the on-going study are being closely followed by FIA Formula 1 safety delegates.
* Last year the Barber Dodge Pro Series and Michelin made their Nazareth debut. For Michelin, it was the first ever competitive outing on an oval in any type of motorsport activity. The results were tremendous, with only one caution period accounting for seven of the 60 laps raced.
* Jon Fogarty of Portola Valley, Ca. has one Barber Dodge career victory with multiple podium finishes. A third-place in Sebring and a second-place in Homestead may have be the makings of victorious run in Nazareth.