North Yorkshire Police have confirmed that Top Gear star Jeremy Clarkson will not face any further consequences after his much-publicised fracas with a producer that cost him his job.
A statement said North Yorkshire Police had “now completed its routine enquiries following the incident at Hawes involving Mr Jeremy Clarkson, and we will not be pursuing this matter any further."
The force stated it takes a thorough and victim-led approach to all investigations but the individual at the centre of the investigation, the producer Oisin Tymon, said he did not wish the Police to take action on his behalf.
His wish not to press charges did not end the investigation, however, as police still needed to “speak to some members of the public who were present at the time of the incident, who had been affected by the event, and whose views also needed to be considered.”
The statement concluded: “Now all the interviews are complete, we have properly established that there is no need for further police action.”
Clarkson is to continue his role with the rebranded Top Gear Live shows, now known as Clarkson, Hammond and May Live.
With no threat of potential prosecution for the incident, Clarkson – whose BBC contract was not renewed as of April 1 – is now free to pursue his future plans and has been linked with presenting roles at Netflix, ITV and Sky.