Homestead-Miami Speedway to Build State-of-the-Art Media Facilities in Time for 2008 Ford Championship Weekend; Enhancements include pre-race Driver Meeting viewing area for fans
MIAMI--When the NASCAR media press corps return to Homestead-Miami Speedway for Ford Championship Weekend in 2008, there will be even more to cheer than the crowning of NASCAR's champions.
Homestead-Miami Speedway--home to the final races of the 36-week NASCAR campaign--will construct a new state-of-the-art press facility in time for the November 2008 season-finale, Speedway President Curtis Gray announced today.
"With the continued evolution of NASCAR's Ford Championship Weekend into one of the highest-profile entertainment events anywhere in sports, we're eager to provide the press corps with these upscale amenities," said Gray. "As host to the championship finales, Homestead-Miami Speedway is thrilled to provide our NASCAR media partners with a facility that will be second-to-none on the circuit."
The new 18,000 square-foot, two-story media facility--scheduled for completion in September 2008--will be centrally located within the garage area and include:
* More than 200 press work stations
* Large interview room with seating for more than 150 people
* Deadline press room with stage and camera riser
* Private interview rooms located adjacent to deadline press areas
* A wireless internet network throughout the building (in addition to hard-wiring)
* Large format video displays located in deadline press, team PR and 80-seat media lounge capable of displaying track closed-circuit TV stats screens and video feeds
* Audio amplification of interviews and track feeds into all press areas, with selectable source audio-input feeds for headphone listening
* A theater-style "observation seating" for viewing of driver-meeting room
In addition, the existing Media Center structures will be renovated to house overflow press.