Emerson Fittipaldi to become Chairman of Motorsport.com, a comprehensive online destination for the motorsports world
- Motor racing legend affirms commitment to grow Motorsport.com’s marketing-services and technology platform to deliver unique HD and 3D race video content and solidify partnerships with global media networks
MIAMI – August 16, 2011 – Net Element (OTCQB:NETE), a technology services provider and Internet publisher, today announced its agreement to elect Emerson Fittipaldi as chairman of its subsidiary Motorsport.com, a comprehensive online destination for the motorsports world. In this role, the motor racing legend will leverage his extensive knowledge, expertise and personal contacts with the top 100 brands and media companies around the globe to support Motorsport.com’s multi-channel marketing-services platform for the multi-billion motorsports industry.
Motorsport.com, a NETE-owned and operated business unit, provides interactive multi-media experiences of race series through exclusive videos and photos, race standings, schedules, locations, race team profiles and other unique race content. Fittipaldi said he sees Motorsport.com’s digital distribution platform as the ideal vehicle for the world’s top brands to engage race fans and capitalize on the explosive growth in advertising dollars invested in the industry.
“Having lived the evolution of the motorsports industry from its early days when we had to wait weeks to see race stats printed in a magazine, through today when I can use my mobile phone to see my 14-year-old grandson Pietro’s [Fittipaldi] race results in real time, I envision leveraging Motorsport.com’s advanced technology platform at the crest of the industry’s next major evolution: online delivery of 3D race video content and social media integration,” Fittipaldi said. “I am also excited to help promote Motorsport.com to major brand advertisers.”
Just as important, Fittipaldi said, he plans to heighten his role as an advisor and source of inspiration for younger generations of racers. “I’m excited to engage young drivers and race fans who follow me on Twitter and like me on Facebook. I will answer fan’s questions and offer advice and tips to racers.”
Fittipaldi said he plans to:
• Work closely with Motorsport.com’s leadership team to solidify the company’s vision and develop and implement its strategic plan to appeal to race fans globally.
• Work to help Motorsport.com establish partnerships with top global brands and media companies.
• Support and promote Motorsport.com’s technology innovation, particularly in delivering unique HD and 3D race video and social media content online, and leverage its technology platform to redefine online racing experiences and get more fans in the game.
• Serve as a personal brand ambassador actively promoting Motorsport.com and heightening its profile at all of his events and in premier race series worldwide, including Formula One (F1), as well as on his personal social media profiles on Facebook and Twitter.
• Establish a top-tier advisory board comprised of noted industry leaders with diverse backgrounds and professional relationships within the motorsports world.
I am also excited to help promote Motorsport.com to major brand advertisers.
Richard Lappenbusch, NETE’s president and COO, said: “We are excited for Fittipaldi to become chairman of Motorsport.com, a move we view as a critical part of our growth strategy. We are committed to helping brands connect with race fans through our unique content and race experiences on all screens: television, computer and mobile phones.”
Motorsport.com, a Net Element (OTCQB:NETE) business division, is a digital distribution platform that provides, via its website and social media networks, interactive multi-media coverage and experiences of F1, NASCAR, Le Mans and other major race series through exclusive HD and 3D videos and photos, race standings, schedules, locations, race team profiles and other unique content. For more information, visit www.Motorsport.com.
About Net Element
Net Element is a global publisher of online destinations and business services on a custom technology platform for Internet and mobile distribution. This platform enables the rapid development, production and distribution of rich media content (HD & 3D), services (SaaS) and branded content in entertainment and news. NETE owns and publishes Internet properties and creates social and business communities in motorsports, music, film and entertainment. Its portfolio includes: www.Motorsport.com; www.Openfilm.com; www.Music1.com; and www.ARLive.com. For more information, visit www.NetElement.com.