Tuesday Testing Notes from Firebird International Raceway - Pacific Coast Motorsports and driver Alex Figge took to the track at 9 a.m., under clear, but slightly cool conditions. - Going out on scrubbed tires, Figge used his first run of the...
Tuesday Testing Notes from Firebird International Raceway
- Pacific Coast Motorsports and driver Alex Figge took to the track at 9 a.m., under clear, but slightly cool conditions.
- Going out on scrubbed tires, Figge used his first run of the day to warm the car up and determined the track conditions.
- Following a brief stop to make minor changes, Figge went out for a longer run on sticker tires.
- During the second run, Figge posted the fastest time thus far of the 11 cars attending the test.
- Working on gaining additional mechanical grip, did numerous runs with stops for minor modifications.
- Late in the morning session, Figge pulled off course with some gearbox difficulties.
- The Pacific Coast Motorsports crew immediately set about determining the problem while preparing the other Swift 014.a for further testing.
- Upon inspection, the gearbox was undamaged, and the return spring was replaced.
- After getting the same setup on the other car, Figge returned to the track.
- Battling an oversteer condition, brought on by a change in track conditions, Figge and PCM continued to make various adjustments to the car.
- At the end of the morning session, Figge was unofficially third quickest just two one hundredths of a second slower than the leader.
- The start of the afternoon session saw improved track conditions, with increased cloud cover.
- Early in the session Figge posted four very quick laps, second fastest of the afternoon session.
- As the session continued, the team worked on setup making various changes between runs. Particular emphasis was placed on getting the car consistent throughout longer runs.
- Late in the day several cars, including Figge were able to better their times.
- At the end of the day Figge had posted the third fastest time of day, just 0.2 second slower than the quickest time.
- The second day of the two-day test commences Wednesday at 9 a.m.