NOTES: * This Week's Racecar for Kansas Speedway is Chassis 28-107. This is the same car that Annett ran at Iowa Speedway a few weeks ago. * Newbie... Michael Annett has never raced at Rockingham Speedway, but he did test on the one-mile...
* This Week's Racecar for Kansas Speedway is Chassis 28-107. This is the same car that Annett ran at Iowa Speedway a few weeks ago.
* Newbie... Michael Annett has never raced at Rockingham Speedway, but he did test on the one-mile track earlier this year and ran rather well.
* Auto Pilot On... Pilot Travel Centers, LLC, will sponsor Annett and his No. 28 Toyota Camry this weekend. Pilot Travel Centers is the nation's largest operator of travel centers and over-the-road diesel fuel stations.
* Last Time Out... Annett started and finished in the fourth position last time out at Kansas Speedway.
* Patience, Patience, Patience... Annett has overcome many difficulties throughout the races he has run in so far this year. From explosions to penalties, the rookie sensation has remained calm, cool and collective during each race and has only finished outside the top-10 once in his young career.
* Making History... Annett was the first driver in the 55-year ARCA RE/MAX Series history to take the Toyota nameplate to victory lane, which he did at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway in 2007. He qualified second and led all but 19 laps en route to that victory. Annett also won again at the 2008 ARCA 200 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway earlier this year.
* Proving His Worth... Though Annett's career ARCA Series stats boast only seven starts, they are impressive: two victories, one pole, four top-five finishes and six top-10 finishes.
* The Puck Stops Here... At the age of 16, Annett signed a contract to play professional hockey for Team Illinois, a tier one AAA team. In 2004, Annett was voted the most improved player in the U.S. Hockey League.
* Autographs Anyone??? Annett along with many other ARCA RE/MAX Series drivers will be signing autographs at the Rockingham ThunderFest event in downtown Rockingham from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, May 1.
* Listen and Watch ... The Carolina 500k is scheduled to start at noon EST on Friday, May 4. It will broadcast live on Speed Channel.
Michael Annett's Racing Quotes:
Michael Annett on Racing at Rockingham Speedway:
"I like when we have back-to-back races because it keeps my adrenaline running strong. We had a pretty good finish last time out; even though we could have finished better, we still ran well. Joe [Lax, crew chief] and the guys have been working hard to get things prepared for this weekend, so hopefully we can get it done in Rockingham. There are a lot of good teams in the ARCA RE/MAX Series, but I think I am with the best, and we are going to try and win one this weekend for Bill Davis Racing."