Alli Owens Ready to Tackle "Unfinished Business" at Kentucky Speedway * The Click It or Ticket Buckle-Up 150 will mark Owens' second start at Kentucky Speedway * Last season in a DGM Racing-prepared car, Owens started in 14th place and...
Alli Owens Ready to Tackle "Unfinished Business" at Kentucky Speedway
* The Click It or Ticket Buckle-Up 150 will mark Owens' second start at Kentucky Speedway
* Last season in a DGM Racing-prepared car, Owens started in 14th place and finished 15th in ARCA RE/MAX Series competition at Kentucky Speedway
* Owens has two top-10 finishes (Talladega -- 6th, Pocono -- 10th) in five starts this season
* Kentucky Speedway will be the first 1.5-mile track Owens has raced at this season
* Congratulations to Matt Sauer. The car chief of the No. 19 ElectrifyingCareers.com team and his wife, Leah, had a baby boy, Logan Paul Sauer, on July 8
Alli Owens Comments on Kentucky Speedway:
"I love Kentucky Speedway. It's fast and a really nerve-racking place to qualify. Last year during a test session at Kentucky, I wrecked hard in Turn 3 while making a mock qualifying run. I had been the fastest car all day until that point. When we went back to race last year, we weren't as good as we had been at the test session. So I have some unfinished business to take care of there.
"My crew chief, Jerry Pitts, and all the guys have been working super hard on making sure we show up this weekend with the car to beat! All of us feel like this could be our weekend to put the ElectrifyingCareers.com car in victory lane and that gives me all the confidence in the world.
"Our engine let go on the final lap of our last race (Michigan), otherwise we would have finished in the top-10. It would have been our third straight top-10. Aside from a little bad luck, everything is coming together for our team. I can't wait to strap my belts tight and go racing at Kentucky."