SONOMA, Calif. - Individual race tickets for NASCAR, NHRA and other 2002 events at the newly renovated Sears Point Raceway will go on sale Monday, Dec. 10. A variety of new seating options, including all-reserved advance tickets for the NASCAR Winston Cup event, will be offered for the first time in 2002.
Fans may select among several unique spectator environments currently under construction as part of Sears Point's comprehensive $50 million remodel. Most dramatic will be a new 46-row grandstand with stadium-style flip-down seats overlooking the new drag strip and start/finish line and pit road of the re-paved road course.
Road course seating will also increase to include spectacular new amphitheater-style terrace sections at Turn 7 and Turn 9 to mirror those introduced last season at Turns 2, 3 and 4. All of the seating will enjoy sweeping track views afforded by the removal of three pedestrian bridges and the re-sculpting of the adjacent hillsides.
For the first time, all advanced tickets sold for the June 23 NASCAR Winston Cup event will include reserved seats in either the start/finish grandstand or one of the hillside terrace sections. General admission tickets for the Dodge/Save Mart 350 will be sold only on the day of the event.
Reserved and general admission tickets are available in advance for the NHRA FRAM Autolite Nationals on Aug. 2-4. Race fans are encouraged to purchase tickets early, as seat allocation will be based on the date orders are received.
Advance tickets for all events may be ordered over the phone by calling 1-800-870-RACE.
The 2002 Sears Point racing season will once again include a full spectrum of motorsports entertainment, including motorcycles, Le Mans-style sports cars, classic hot rods, vintage cars and a new import drag racing event.
Fans seeking the best seats for multiple events have several season ticket options to select from. The new Winners Circle package includes priority seating for all events, plus airline tickets to either Hawaii, London or Orlando for only $495. Partial season packages are priced as low as $195.
2002 main-event schedule at Sears Point Raceway:
1. Goodguys Nitro Nationals (April 20-21).
2. Sonomafest (April 26-May 5), including AMA Vintage Motorcycles Days West (April 26-28) and the AMA Superbike Challenge, featuring the Chevy Trucks U.S. Superbike Championship (May 3-5).
3. American Le Mans Series Grand Prix of Sonoma, presented by Foster's Lager (May 17-19).
4. Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge Wine Country Classic Vintage Car Races (May 29-June 2).
5. Dodge/Save Mart 350 NASCAR Winston Cup (June 20-23)
6. Bank of the West Division 7 NHRA Drag Races (June 28-30)
7. NHRA FRAM Autolite Nationals (Aug. 2-4)
8. Tuned by Matrix GR Motorsports NHRA Import Nationals (Sept. 7-8).